Heal pain

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Heal pain

Postby juz_me » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:28 am

My elder son is in sec 2, weighs about 34kg. Small frame. He complained of his right heel pain when he walks.

Not sure did he sprain it (didn't notice any swelling) or is his school shoes problem? My colleague said only adults will suffer from shoes problem, not children. Not sure whether her statement is true.

He wears his Bata school shoes since Jul. Coincidentally, my younger son also complained heel pain when walked - his is on the left side (same brand and model of Bata school shoes) but now he said his heel is better.

Any advise? Thank you.

PS: my elder son's school bag is heavy. Don't think he is flat footed. Younger one seemed to be slight flat footed.

Re: Heal pain

Postby ammonite » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:48 am

Your colleague is definitely wrong. What a strange thing to say! Feet are feet, shoes are shoes, no matter what age a person is, the shoe has to fit the shape and give correct support, no?

But shoe aside, it could also be posture or an old mild injury. My ds complained of persistent pain previously in his ankle for over a year and we happened to see a tuina shifu who fixed it within 15min. The pain actually started further up the thigh and the shifu pressed here and there down to the heel, DS arghhed a bit, and voila, he was fixed.

Re: Heal pain

Postby jessie_t82 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:33 am

Bata shoes are normally ok as long as they fit well. Are they too big/small?

Return to Health