Blood in eye!

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Blood in eye!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:29 am

I was waiting for the lift when I saw a couple of students staring at my face and looking away quickly. Getting into the lift, I saw myself in the mirror and had a shock. There was a bright bloody patch of blood in the white of my right eye!

Googling, I found that what I have is probably subconjunctival hemorrhage as in the video below:


I don't know how I got it. I've been having a coughing fit for the last month but have gotten much better lately and not coughing so much. Didn't strain myself in the toilet either. Just weird and scary.

It's painless (so far... :nailbite: ) I'd probably see the doctor later just to confirm.

Wonder if anyone else gets them?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: Blood in eye!

Postby wiimum » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:50 am

I got it before, if you haven't seen the doctor , I suggest you skip it unless you need it to get an MC ;)
I went to the doctor and he did NOTHING. I had to pay consultation fee. it went away after a few days.

wiimum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:27 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: Blood in eye!

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:52 am

Better go and consult the doc immed. You only have a pair!!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14663
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 148


Re: Blood in eye!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:52 am

wiimum wrote:I got it before, if you haven't seen the doctor , I suggest you skip it unless you need it to get an MC ;)
I went to the doctor and he did NOTHING. I had to pay consultation fee. it went away after a few days.


:lol: That was what I thought. I'm going to see the eye doctor this Saturday, anyway, for an unrelated examination.

Too bad Halloween is still some weeks away. Wrong time to scare my students.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: Blood in eye!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:53 am

Nebbermind wrote:Better go and consult the doc immed. You only have a pair!!


Alamak. I'm getting conflicting advice from you guys. Now you are scaring me. :scared:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319



Re: Blood in eye!

Postby Yngmng » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:04 am

Got it before. Did not see a doc. It went away after a few days.

Yngmng
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:32 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Blood in eye!

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:07 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:Better go and consult the doc immed. You only have a pair!!


Alamak. I'm getting conflicting advice from you guys. Now you are scaring me. :scared:


If it's not conjunctivitis, blood in eyes = some sort of trauma, no?
If it's not external, then something must have caused a blood vessel to pecah from inside.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14663
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 148


Re: Blood in eye!

Postby ammonite » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:08 am

Chief,
one of my relatives get it every few months from violent coughing. She doesn't do anything about it and it always go away after a few days. I think it is good to just mention it during a check-up.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2223
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:13 am
Total Likes: 64


Re: Blood in eye!

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:13 am

Nebbermind wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:Better go and consult the doc immed. You only have a pair!!


Alamak. I'm getting conflicting advice from you guys. Now you are scaring me. :scared:


If it's not conjunctivitis, blood in eyes = some sort of trauma, no?
If it's not external, then something must have caused a blood vessel to pecah from inside.

Coughing a lot (he mentioned that he's had a bad cough) can put pressure on the capilaries in the eye. If that's the case, suppressing the cough will be the best things to do, and give the eye an opportunity to heal. Still, it's best to get a medical opinion just in case it's something else.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 173


Re: Blood in eye!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:18 am

I think it is caused by my coughing last month, just strange that it would only burst today and not some weeks ago. I also a side sleeper, so maybe that put some pressure on my eye ball this morning.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Next

Return to Health