Painful Heels

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Painful Heels

Postby CJS » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:27 pm

I have flat feet and I have been suffering from painful heels on and off for a year already. It can be especially painful when I take the first step out of bed in the morning.

I tried all things I can think of : wearing slippers at home, wearing good shoes (for feet support), exercising and injection by doctor (very painful injection). But the pain still comes and go. Anyway to solve this problem permanently ?

CJS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Full.Cream » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:59 am

have you consider those orthotic insole which is molded according to your feet to provide supprot for the flat feet?

Full.Cream
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Painful Heels

Postby ZacK » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:46 pm

CJS wrote:I have flat feet and I have been suffering from painful heels on and off for a year already. It can be especially painful when I take the first step out of bed in the morning.

I tried all things I can think of : wearing slippers at home, wearing good shoes (for feet support), exercising and injection by doctor (very painful injection). But the pain still comes and go. Anyway to solve this problem permanently ?

Hey I notice that I have this prob that started abt 6 mths back... Perhaps it was there all along but certainly more noticeable now.... When I take the first step out of bed... can feel the aching pain at the sole of my feet... I was thinking that I may be developing gout or something :oops: :?

Btw I went thru army without being excepted from marching, so guess I am not flat footed...

Anyway found this site... perhaps this is what we are suffering from?
http://www.drfoot.co.uk/heel%20pain.htm

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby radiantmum » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 am

I've been feeling the ache at the sole of my feet recently particularly on the right foot, especially so if the shoes that I wear did not have proper heel cushioning. TCM sinseh said was due to poor blood circulation ... Anyone had tried these "pro" insoles - do they really help?

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby CJS » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:47 am

I have been wearing Birkenstock shoes for a year now which have the insole moulds tat are supposed to be orthopaedics but I am still having the same problem.

Zack is right about the diagnosis of the problem. It is due to the inflammation of the plantar fascia confirmed by my 2 doctors before.

Full Cream, are those insoles you mentioned effective. Those custom made ones at Solemates are very ex but dun noe whether effective or not. Anyone tried before ?

CJS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ZacK » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:00 pm

CJS wrote:I have been wearing Birkenstock shoes for a year now which have the insole moulds tat are supposed to be orthopaedics but I am still having the same problem.

Zack is right about the diagnosis of the problem. It is due to the inflammation of the plantar fascia confirmed by my 2 doctors before.

Full Cream, are those insoles you mentioned effective. Those custom made ones at Solemates are very ex but dun noe whether effective or not. Anyone tried before ?

Altho Birkenstock moulds to your feet... personally I find them a bit too stiff and hard. I just bought my 3rd pair of croc slippers, I like them cos they are very soft ... There have been times when I stand or walk too long on my croc slippers, I do not feel the aching pain but a soreness to my soles. I think it's due to the slipper being too soft... Guess cant have the best of both worlds huh? :stupid:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Full.Cream » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 am

CJS wrote:Full Cream, are those insoles you mentioned effective. Those custom made ones at Solemates are very ex but dun noe whether effective or not. Anyone tried before ?

Think it will depend on how severe is your case. I experience great improvement even by using those cheapo arch insole most of the time. My colleague bought and still using one of those orthotic ones and swear that his arch kinda form after a couple of yrs.

Perhaps u can try the cheaper ones found at Guardian...Neat Feet or something like that...blue packaging....think abt $50 or so.

Full.Cream
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Han Seo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:41 am

You can try seeing a Sports Doctor at Changi General Hospital. I went there for consultation a few years ago. The doctor will do an ultrasound scan on your feet to determine the severity of the inflammation. Then he will refer you to a podiatrist to have the soles of your shoes custom made. The podiatrist will recommend you to buy special types of shoes (not cheap!). You would also need to do regular feet stretching exercises, which the doctor will show you.

I was well for more than a year after the consultation and a few follow-up visits but unfortunately, the pain came back late last year. I guess I became lax; went back to wearing flat sandals and stopped doing the stretching exercises.

It's worth a visit to see the Sports doctor.

Han Seo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Health