Lump on neck

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Lump on neck

Postby sean wife » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 pm

Notice a lump on my gal's neck last night whe she tilted her head to one side....brought her to see the doc today and the doc said that it is most likely due to the flu she's having. He prescribed antibiotics and flu medicine for her.

Actually I do know that flu can cause swollen lymph nodes but just can't feeling worried. The doc said that if it doesn't subside by 2 weeks, can see doc again...

Anyone with such experience and if it leads to something more serious...??

Tks.

sean wife
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:35 pm

have to monitor your kid. not sure what has caused it, but for my case, decades ago, it was due to heatiness (when pressed down, can experience pain) as diagnosed by my dad's friend who was chinese sinseh. it went away a few weeks later after daily chinese medication both taken and applied - imagine the amount of attention i had to have this black gluey chinese-smelling medication pasted onto my neck everyday to sch for a few weeks :|

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jedamum » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:44 pm

a few links for reading if you want..
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/foru ... 1218609146

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 744AAjEd1S

there could be other causes too, so just have to monitor closely.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MMM » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:46 pm

jedamum wrote: imagine the amount of attention i had to have this black gluey chinese-smelling medication pasted onto my neck everyday to sch for a few weeks :|

As I am born in the year of tiger, I recalled that I once had to write the word "tiger" on my neighbour's neck due to some growth.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mango » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:29 pm

My 3 yr old also developed a lump at the back of his ear some time ago. The doctor said it is probably some swollen lymph node. We were quite worried then but the lump subsided after a week or so.

mango
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Han Seo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:47 am

My hubby has a lump on his neck too. Scared the hell out of us! Went for a thorough check at TTSH. They drew some liquid from the lump. Fortunately, it is harmless but the doctor said he has to go for yearly checkup as a precaution. My hubby was also given the option of whether he wanted it remove surgically but he decided not to.

Han Seo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sweetpea » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:35 pm

hi all,
you mentioned swollen lymph nodes at the neck/behind the ears. Any fever? If yes, low-grade or high fever? TIA!

sweetpea
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby catang » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:17 am

noticed my baby had it since few mths old. doc said lymph nodes thingy nothing to worry abt. abt 2 mths back the small lump suddenly swell and i brought him to see tcm, they said it's chao tao and it will have pus come out but not to squeeze it. now really chao tao but the pus real scary la. go hosp sure say to remove via surgery so i stick on to tcm.

see my other post on mrsa cos i tink it's quite similiar to it.

catang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Shoe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:54 pm

I think it's quite common for bbs to have swelling of lymph nodes when there's an infection.

Shoe
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby saralim » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:03 am

When the body encounter sickness, lymph nodes will swollen, some swell a little larger such that its visible. Don't worry.

saralim
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Health