All about Diabetes

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:46

Re: All about Diabetes

Post by Estéema » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:31 pm

ngl2010 wrote:
Zappy wrote:One of my biggest bugbears is pseudo-science... so much so that I had to go and google who this person is...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sang_Whang

Korean-American church leader
Studied Elec Engrg in Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn
Owned Alkalife - which promotes alternative health practices
Self published book on health benefits of high-alkaline water
:faint:

Me too. :faint:

Yet, some of us will take these as gospel truth & pass around & try convince others of benefits. :faint: :faint: :faint:

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:81

Post by MMM » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Recently bil started using ASEA and was promoting it to us on how it improved his sugar and BP reading. I am personally still skeptical although they thought of swear by it. Unsure if anyone has experience with this too.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:46

Post by Estéema » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 pm

One thing I must share as I was using some USA products like USANA & my family (in-laws, etc) using other products sold so commonly in stores like GNCs, etc and I asked my family doc why HPB allows the sale when there’s no basis for their claims. He said some tablets claim to cure arthritis, diabetes, chronic kidney diseases, etc are just placebos. It’s just the way they phrased their mktg/advertisement if they say “help with yr joints” or “help with yr eyes health” then it is allowed & ppl think those expensive tablets improve our eyesights, etc. There’s no recorded cures for some of our common maladies except taken as herbs & vitamins.

Having said that, many of these claims fr US companies are MLM & very costly to even throw money for its claims.

@ MMM there was a Physician in the US, Harriet Hall, who had reviewed the scientific literature related to the assessment of ASEA as a dietary supplement, noting that there is no acceptable published evidence to confirm that it has any health benefits in humans.

Hope it helps.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Post by ngl2010 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:59 pm

Estéema wrote:One thing I must share as I was using some USA products like USANA & my family (in-laws, etc) using other products sold so commonly in stores like GNCs, etc and I asked my family doc why HPB allows the sale when there’s no basis for their claims. He said some tablets claim to cure arthritis, diabetes, chronic kidney diseases, etc are just placebos. It’s just the way they phrased their mktg/advertisement if they say “help with yr joints” or “help with yr eyes health” then it is allowed & ppl think those expensive tablets improve our eyesights, etc. There’s no recorded cures for some of our common maladies except taken as herbs & vitamins.

Having said that, many of these claims fr US companies are MLM & very costly to even throw money for its claims.

@ MMM there was a Physician in the US, Harriet Hall, who had reviewed the scientific literature related to the assessment of ASEA as a dietary supplement, noting that there is no acceptable published evidence to confirm that it has any health benefits in humans.

Hope it helps.
Even in USA, supplements don’t have to get FDA’s approval.

Btw, my sister took USANA for knee pain and it didn’t help. What are you taking USANA for?

jho48109
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by jho48109 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:42 pm

I've heard a lot of good things about USANA. They say it's good as daily vitamin and antioxidant supplement I haven't tried it though. Not sure if it's worth my money.

pashanyew
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by pashanyew » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:46 pm

I was reading some posts and I see that many switched to brown rice. But actually, I would like to suggest that people switch to quinoa instead.

A quick search shows that quinoa scores higher on the GI levels than white or brown rice, which is great for people suffering from diabetes. There's a lot more fiber and anti-oxidants that comes with it, so why not? Getting more bang for your buck, I feel.

My dad was suffering from diabetes so I decided to make a switch to quinoa and his doctor says that his sugar level has significantly reduced. Slowly, the whole family is eating quinoa now. I think best to try incorporating quinoa into your diet then brown rice since it's better anyways..

Woreri
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Woreri » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:30 pm

The number of people who have diabetes has grown exponentially in the past decade. The main reason for it is our lifestyle. We are drinking soft drinks like it is water. We need to cut down on the sugar and change our lifestyle. If we don't take care of our own health, then who would?

bianca99
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by bianca99 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:59 am

A lot of people suffering from diabetes keep looking for natural ways to reverse diabetes, and eliminate this dreadful health disorder from their bodies. Unfortunately, most people are forced into ineffective and unhelpful diet programs. Moreover, most of these programs are expensive and may even have side effects. Diabetes Protocol is an exceptional guide to help you get rid of this chronic disease. It is an exceptional online course that teaches you how to start living a healthy lifestyle. It can also help you develop some positive habits. With this guide, you will be able to eliminate this health problem from your body permanently. According to most people who have gone through this book, it is an exceptional guide that shatters a lot of myths and misconceptions related to health, medicine and cures. The Diabetes Protocol effectively reveals an excellent way to not only relieve diabetes, but also cure it forever. Moreover, you will be able to accomplish this without extreme invasive treatments, glucose lowering drugs and other such methods. Within a short period of time.

CarenL
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by CarenL » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:30 am

Regular physical activity not only helps to shed pounds but can also improve blood sugar levels..

mumcindychu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:1

Post by mumcindychu » Fri May 03, 2019 9:17 pm

I think it all boils down to proper food intake. I've been diabetic for 3 years now. Although it runs in the family, I think my love for carbs and sweets worsened it. Stay away from these foods as much as possible.