All about Diabetes

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:25

Re: All about Diabetes

Post by starlight1968sg » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks ngl2010 for sharing.
I will be on the look-out for the above symptoms.

Pple said consume much sugary food; is this true?

Papers did say white rice may be a culprit.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Post by ngl2010 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:24 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Thanks ngl2010 for sharing.

My mom actually doesn’t like sugary food except fruits which she only eats 2 slices a day. She also only eats 3 spoonful of white rice for each meal. My maternal grandpa is a diabetic so I think she got it from him.

Don’t worry so much about diseases unless you have family history.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:202

Post by slmkhoo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:21 am

starlight1968sg wrote:Thanks ngl2010 for sharing.

High consumption of sugary foods over a long period can cause insulin sensitivity to fall (leading to Type II diabetes), which is why the advice in general is to avoid over-consumption of sugary foods. White rice is only a "culprit" as part of a whole range of foods that are converted easily to sugars in the body, but are only a problem if the total consumption of sugary foods is high over a long period. Asians have eaten large amounts of white rice for generations without such high rates of diabetes, but that was because they ate less sugary foods overall, and did more physical activity.

Unless you have a family history of diabetes, or have been told you have risk factors, I don't think you need to be particularly careful about your diet. Just eat sugary foods in moderation, and lead a generally healthy lifestyle. Until a year ago, I only ate white rice (never brown), and although I generally avoided very sweet foods, I wasn't particularly careful about it. I have been taking part in a study on diabetes (as a healthy person without diabetes) and my insulin sensitivity is high, despite all that white rice! I have now switched to brown rice and try to avoid too much sugar because my weight has climbed over the past year, and I'm trying to keep it down, not because of the risk of diabetes.

Alex75
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Alex75 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:53 am

If you start eating healthier food, get more exercise, and lose weight, you can reduce your symptoms.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:98

Post by phtthp » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:23 pm

if eat brown rice, instead of white rice : will it remove diabetics ?

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:16

Post by MyPillow » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:03 pm

phtthp wrote:if eat brown rice, instead of white rice : will it remove diabetics ?

diabetics is chronic disease, no cure. can put under control
brown rice is less sugar than white rice, it does not cure diabetics
the patients need to avoid high sugar food ,thus brown rice is a choice

KareneChua
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by KareneChua » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:16 pm

My son's classmate has a maid who prepares gourmet recess box for her every single day. Brown Rice, Quinoa, Leafy Vegetables with tomatoes and olives, Hard Boiled Egg in Sesame Sauce, boiled tofu cubes. All in one stainless steel box. And a bottle of Apple Vinegar Drink. That is the standard we should all strive to.

CalvinS
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by CalvinS » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 am

I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a year ago. This made me to be more careful in choosing the right food in every meal because before I was diagnosed, I have a bad eating habit.

Katherin22
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by Katherin22 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:57 pm

I think diabetes is very manageble, I wouldn't say there's a perfect cure for it but it can be dealt with. My mother is keeping her diabetes under control, she has lost a lot of weight and she feels much better after following a guide we got online.
This guide provides all natural and safe solutions, it's also really easy understand. Here's the link https://www.newportnaturalhealth.com/20 ... solutions/

gerjay
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by gerjay » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Type 2 Diabetics can be cured if we have a well balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Also do you know that nitric oxide is a molecule that is produced by our body and is a very important molecule for our cardiovascular health. By the age of 60, majority of our body can only 15% nitric oxide and thus causing us a lot of dis-ease
If you are interested to find out more about nitric oxide, you can pm me, I am happy to share more info and let everyone not only live longer but also healthier. Good health is the best wealth =)