All about Diabetes

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Re: All about Diabetes

Post by ngl2010 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:07 pm

Avalokit wrote:The most economical, most convenient and most effective way to regain better health is to invest in a reliable alkaline water system. It is effective in fighting diabetic n many many others health complication. For more inquiry on coral pure natural alkaline water, u can contact 86851308.
OMG :faint: This is a very dangerous claim. Do you have any research done to prove your statement? Our stomach is acidic. And it has its purpose for being acidic. By drinking alkaline water, the stomach’s pH will change. In the long run, what will happen? Just by this logic, it doesn’t make sense to alter the pH in our stomach. How will it function then? Worse is if the stomach cells mutate because the environment has changed and they become cancerous cells (I just anyhow say this. Same like what you did. No research said that they will become cancerous cells.)

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:25

Post by starlight1968sg » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:51 am

There must be reasons why something is acidic or alkaline. If we simply try to alter, I don’t know what would be the impact.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:7

Post by MrsKiasu » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:35 am

Thought alkaline water is to make our ph more balanced? We drink alkaline water at home, dh wants to buy and I thought filter the water as well, why not.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:197

Post by slmkhoo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 am

Found this article which says that alkaline water as sold for drinking or produced in the home is not dangerous, but doesn't do anything much:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/well ... efits.html

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by ngl2010 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:48 am

slmkhoo wrote:Found this article which says that alkaline water as sold for drinking or produced in the home is not dangerous, but doesn't do anything much:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/well ... efits.html
Quoting from the article

“There are also hints of potential risks from alkaline water. Rat pups given alkaline water showed impaired growth and damage to cardiac muscle. And a 2015 report said that when a municipal water plant in a town in Germany accidentally increased the water’s pH to 12, skin burns ensued. While such a high pH is unlikely in bottled alkaline water, it’s a reminder that a higher pH isn’t necessarily better.

“The only health effects that we know of are danger signs, so for people to continue to market alkaline water — they’re really as bad as the snake oil salesmen of yesteryear,” Dr. Fenton said.”

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:34

Post by Estéema » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Ano snake oil salesman at KSP Forum. Pls be very careful with claims. How exactly does it “gives good results”? In what way one “getting much better every day”? Is it scientifically proven? Do you know what side effects it gives Best check with the Health Authorities.

Moderators, please take note!

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:34

Post by Estéema » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:36 pm

@ ngl2010 You took the words out of me!

Even if there are peer reviews, it depends on how accepted & if it’s alr been tested. Rmbr the Korean doc who claimed success in genes research? He was stripped of his title after being found for fraud & finds withdrawn. For most normal ppl, do not need to hv extra alkaline intake. Indiscriminate dousing ourselves will cause more health issues.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by ngl2010 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:07 pm

Estéema wrote:@ ngl2010 You took the words out of me!

Even if there are peer reviews, it depends on how accepted & if it’s alr been tested. Rmbr the Korean doc who claimed success in genes research? He was stripped of his title after being found for fraud & finds withdrawn. For most normal ppl, do not need to hv extra alkaline intake. Indiscriminate dousing ourselves will cause more health issues.
Completely agree, Esteema.

Zappy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by Zappy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:10 pm

One of my biggest bugbears is pseudo-science... so much so that I had to go and google who this person is...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sang_Whang

Korean-American church leader
Studied Elec Engrg in Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn
Owned Alkalife - which promotes alternative health practices
Self published book on health benefits of high-alkaline water

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by ngl2010 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Zappy wrote:One of my biggest bugbears is pseudo-science... so much so that I had to go and google who this person is...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sang_Whang

Korean-American church leader
Studied Elec Engrg in Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn
Owned Alkalife - which promotes alternative health practices
Self published book on health benefits of high-alkaline water
:faint: