[Fact or Myth] Cough and Chicken

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Re: [Fact or Myth] Cough and Chicken

Post by Jennifer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:26 pm

I would think the elderly are more prone to weak respiratory systems, therefore easily develop asthmatic coughs, just like the little children.

irene_lammm
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by irene_lammm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:10 pm

It's a myth in my experience! I've tried both avoiding chicken when I'm coughing and eating it anyway, and there was no significant difference. I've also seen articles online that talk about it being an old wive's tale.

irene_lammm
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by irene_lammm » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:10 pm

It's a myth in my experience! I've tried both avoiding chicken when I'm coughing and eating it anyway, and there was no significant difference. I've also seen articles online that talk about it being an old wive's tale.

CarolW
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by CarolW » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 am

irene_lammm wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:10 pm
Agree! I check online but I didn't find any article saying these are true. I'll only believe if there's a scientific explanation. :lol:

JethroLam
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by JethroLam » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:02 pm

My thought is... It is not the chicken meat... It is the way the food is prepared. When we are sick it is better we go for soupy or boiled items... Food that is more well done. Add on to the fact that majority of chicken rice stalls in Singapore hang their chicken for hours and hours! Bacteria gathered maybe?

CarenL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by CarenL » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:10 am

JethroLam wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:02 pm
My thought is... It is not the chicken meat... It is the way the food is prepared. When we are sick it is better we go for soupy or boiled items... Food that is more well done. Add on to the fact that majority of chicken rice stalls in Singapore hang their chicken for hours and hours! Bacteria gathered maybe?
Great point! Or maybe just avoid it when you have cough or cold just to make sure? :D

JethroLam
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by JethroLam » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:23 pm

Yes no point risking it...

AnneS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by AnneS » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Fact or myth, just make sure to take the right medicine/cure when you have cough so it won't worsen. :D