Milk

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Milk

Postby super_dad » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:49 pm

Do your pre school kid still drink milk? I have friends whose kid drink milk all the way to primary school. My girl still takes her milk till last year...but it gradually weening off from it.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:24 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:08 pm

Nothing wrong with milk wat. I'm still drinking it myself... :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby jedamum » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:26 pm

milk is good.
i hate milk. only drink chocolate milk.
husband hate milk. but like strawberry milk.
runs in the family. MIL hates milk too.
my K1 boy drinks only chocolate milk since 1.5 yrs old. Now have to force him to take at least half a cup every morning. He will make vomit face and sound when he is near my 1 yr old who is drinking 'white' milk.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8519
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby super_dad » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:57 pm

Ever tried goat milk? can get from hay's dairies....apparently, healthier than regular cow milk. but I think more expensive.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:24 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby phantom » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:55 pm

super_dad wrote:Ever tried goat milk? can get from hay's dairies....apparently, healthier than regular cow milk. but I think more expensive.

My wife ordered goat milk from them, each time around $S8. I tried it and I am not used to the taste. The taste is quite different from cow milk.

phantom
Site Admin
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:48 pm
Total Likes: 1



Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:59 am

phantom wrote:My wife ordered goat milk from them, each time around $S8. I tried it and I am not used to the taste. The taste is quite different from cow milk.


Sorry... no goat's milk for me... I have an issue about drinking milk from things with beards :D :D

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby sTresSmUm » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:33 pm

My son loveeee...MILK. Take 3-4 bottles a day!!

Goat milk? okie for preschoolers to consume? Maybe i should let him have a go at it.

Probably check out the hay dairies farm this weekend. :)

sTresSmUm
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:23 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:38 pm

sTresSmUm wrote:My son loveeee...MILK. Take 3-4 bottles a day!!

Goat milk? okie for preschoolers to consume? Maybe i should let him have a go at it.

Probably check out the hay dairies farm this weekend. :)


I heard there are some babies who are lactose-intolerant... in which case they can only drink goats milk... as recommended by their doctors. So it can be that bad for kids.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby jedamum » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:49 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
I heard there are some babies who are lactose-intolerant... in which case they can only drink goats milk... as recommended by their doctors. So it can be that bad for kids.

not entirely true...there are soy-based milk in the market. dumex has a range for lactose-intolerant babies. good for kids having diaherria too.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8519
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:38 am

jedamum wrote:not entirely true...there are soy-based milk in the market. dumex has a range for lactose-intolerant babies. good for kids having diaherria too.


Yah hor... that's why it takes a mum to know all these things... we daddies are always doing catch-up.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Next

Return to Health