fell down then now what?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

fell down then now what?

Postby smurf » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm

DS2 (2 year old) just fell down while riding a small rocking horse...and his teeth are misaligned now (he has very straight and nice teeth). 1 tooth went in and 1 tooth came out (alamak!)...should I bring him to see a doctor or should I let it recover by itself? seems ok, but I doubt that the misalignment will adjust by itself... :(

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: fell down then now what?

Postby jedamum » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:20 pm

can try to go for a dental checkup.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LOLMum » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 pm

ds was 4 years old and had his 2 front teeth knocked loose while playing and we took him to the dentist immediately. both teeth looked alright to us but obviouslywere a bit loose.

but dentist said it was a bad knock and both teeth could just fall out anytime. we decided not to pull them out. but ds had a hard time eating because everytime he bit on something, the teeth pushed against his gum which hurt.

we got them out and though dentist and friends did advise about speech problem, so far no problem for him, God bless him.

:wink:

oh, my advice is to see a dentist. :D
Last edited by LOLMum on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smurf » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi mummies,

thanks for the suggestion. will see how it goes. it's a waste cos he has very very straight teeth, and is a bonus when he smile, but now... :cry:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Hope he recover soon and also from the shock of the fall.
As for current appearance, it really does not matter...they change dramatically at different phases of their lives...

Just ensure with the dentist that it would have no impact on his perm teeth later.

Postby smurf » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:29 pm

thanks ks2me. will ask the dentist.:)

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: fell down then now what?

Postby Joy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi smurf

Dont wori so much.

My son at the same age fell very badly too and two front teeth also affected.But, lucky its temp tooth.

He will be fine.

Rgds

smurf wrote:DS2 (2 year old) just fell down while riding a small rocking horse...and his teeth are misaligned now (he has very straight and nice teeth). 1 tooth went in and 1 tooth came out (alamak!)...should I bring him to see a doctor or should I let it recover by itself? seems ok, but I doubt that the misalignment will adjust by itself... :(

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Health