Magnetic bracelets

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Magnetic bracelets

Postby super_dad » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:19 pm

What you people think of these magnetic bracelets? Lately I have been hearing alot of the adverts about owell magnetic bracelet blah blah blah....do those things really work?

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Magnetic bracelets

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:20 pm

super_dad wrote:What you people think of these magnetic bracelets? Lately I have been hearing alot of the adverts about owell magnetic bracelet blah blah blah....do those things really work?

The last reservist session I had was when the CO brought in an ex army major who is now selling these bracelets and forced the whole company to sit through his koyok before letting us sign out of camp. He had a demonstration where he got this big strong guy (one of us... the victims) to stand up and hold out his right hand. And then he put a handphone near the guy, stood behind him, and was able to press down his right hand easily. Then he got the guy to put on the bracelet... did the same thing... this time the guy's hand is stiff and strong.

Real or not? Dunno. But the thing costs between $500 - $1000. Siao.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:05 pm

Heard that it is just a kind of placebo. You wouldn't know if they really work or not. Like those that said jade is good in a similar way. I would rather trust jade ornament than those magnetic stuff, at least it seems that those China emperor believe in their heath benefits

phantom
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:38 pm

I think it is likely a scam...pretty much like shops that regrow hair etc...medically not proven, but people still want to believe in them nevertheless.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phantom » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:21 pm

If you can get a good sales person, you can sell lots of those things.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby super_dad » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:48 pm

Especially when comes to health products :)

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:11 pm

phantom wrote:Heard that it is just a kind of placebo. You wouldn't know if they really work or not. Like those that said jade is good in a similar way. I would rather trust jade ornament than those magnetic stuff, at least it seems that those China emperor believe in their heath benefits

Yes... the richer you are... the more you think you can buy health with money.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:04 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
phantom wrote:Heard that it is just a kind of placebo. You wouldn't know if they really work or not. Like those that said jade is good in a similar way. I would rather trust jade ornament than those magnetic stuff, at least it seems that those China emperor believe in their heath benefits

Yes... the richer you are... the more you think you can buy health with money.

That's the same with enrichment and education program for kids as well. Too many times, we can only decide on the enrichment program based on what have been advertised.

phantom
Site Admin

Return to Health