weak legs

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

weak legs

Postby sharon1234 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:59 pm

my daughter's ballet teacher told me my dd has weak legs and she can't do certain movement well.
any mother encounters this issue? wonder if there is any way/food to help strengthen children's leg?

sharon1234
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby TTLauPeh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Chestnuts are said to be good for weak legs.

TTLauPeh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby schellen » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:26 pm

old folks may tell u tt it's cos of eating too much tofu which i believe is not true since tofu has calcium. mebbe u can ask ur dd to do leg strengthening exercises?

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tutormum » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Walking will strengthen her leg muscles. I'm used to walking since young and have very strong legs. I walk faster than most youngsters and cannot tahun when walking behind people and always overtake them. Having strong legs will help during childbirth. Believe me. :wink:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:02 pm

Old folks believe chicken feet soup is good. 以形补形.
Apart from food, I think you can send her for gym to strengthen her legs.

Postby sharon1234 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:02 pm

I watched the kids in the ballet class during open house recently and noticed some kids are just different in their stride - i could see the muscles are stronger compared to others. I think genes play a major part here.

My dd will need to eat right and exercise harder to make up. Thanks for sharing.

sharon1234
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Walk with a limp

Postby JnJmum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 am

My 2.5 years old son seem to be walking/running with a limp. Any advise where I can get help to find out what wrong with his legs?? Actually, his movement is still not stable at this age, and tends to trip and fall quite often.

JnJmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MMM » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 am

tutormum wrote:Walking will strengthen her leg muscles. I'm used to walking since young and have very strong legs. I walk faster than most youngsters and cannot tahun when walking behind people and always overtake them. Having strong legs will help during childbirth. Believe me. :wink:

Just a joke. I've strong legs too. Think I got it from swimming. I also walk very fast.

Hubby on the other hand has slim calves. He tend to walk slower than me. He always make fun of my strong leg and I would tell him that, dunno who has the last laugh. He might need me (with strong legs) to carry him when he is old.

So he is call tweety leg while I am jumbo leg. :x

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Health