How To Earn KiasuPoints?

KiasuParents.com holds regular auctions to give away valuable products to the highest bidders, not with cash, but with KiasuPoints! Earn your KiasuPoints by contributing just your opinions to the community and get a chance bid for great products!

How To Earn KiasuPoints?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:10 pm

Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:26 am, edited 19 times in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

1 people like this post

Re: How To Earn KiasuPoints?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon May 18, 2009 8:53 am

Update 18 May 2009:
We have reduced the number of points for making comments to articles to 2 points, as we noticed that some of the comments are pretty thin.

However, when your comment or article receives Kudos from others, you will get 10 points instead of 1 previously. This should encourage members to write responsibly, and to allow others to show their appreciation to members who care to share by giving Kudos to their hard work.

Also, members who give Kudos to comments and articles will also get 1 KiasuPoint for taking the trouble to show their appreciation :D

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby vfong1 » Mon May 18, 2009 9:42 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:Update 18 May 2009:
We have reduced the number of points for making comments to articles to 2 points, as we noticed that some of the comments are pretty thin.

However, when your comment or article receives Kudos from others, you will get 10 points instead of 1 previously. This should encourage members to write responsibly, and to allow others to show their appreciation to members who care to share by giving Kudos to their hard work.

Also, members who give Kudos to comments and articles will also get 1 KiasuPoint for taking the trouble to show their appreciation :D

hi Chief,

How do we check our Kiasu points?

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon May 18, 2009 9:48 am

vfong1 wrote:...hi Chief,

If you are logged in, you should see it at the KiasuParents.com homepage (rightmost column, under the Activities section). Alternatively, go to your account profile (either by clicking on the My Account link on the homepage, or the Profiles button in the Forum). It is listed on your Profile page.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby BlueBells » Wed May 20, 2009 11:25 am

err .. is there any "on-boarding" guide for KSParents? I only just found out about KS Points, and can't find any information on how to submit a post for blog .... :oops:

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vfong1 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:34 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
vfong1 wrote:...hi Chief,

If you are logged in, you should see it at the KiasuParents.com homepage (rightmost column, under the Activities section). Alternatively, go to your account profile (either by clicking on the My Account link on the homepage, or the Profiles button in the Forum). It is listed on your Profile page.

What are the perks for the points?

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed May 20, 2009 11:42 am

BlueBells wrote:err .. is there any "on-boarding" guide for KSParents? I only just found out about KS Points, and can't find any information on how to submit a post for blog .... :oops:

KiasuParents.com is continually evolving to bring in new innovations to benefit our community. KiasuPoints was invented primarily to facilitate our Kiasu Auctions so that we can reward our contributors for the effort they take in sharing their thoughts and experiences, or simply helping out others on the site.

Yes, there should be an "on-boarding" guide... it's just that we are still experimenting with a number of things and need time to see what works and what doesn't. (Actually, the REAL reason is that I'm too lazy to get it done yet :) ).

Anyway, if you wish to have the blogging facilities in KiasuParents.com, you need to have the KiasuParent status (Yes, it's the equivalent of the GEP in our Primary Schools :wink: ). You can either write to us directly, or simply post useful information on the Forums. If your post is selected for Portal publication, we will upgrade you to the KiasuParent status and you get to post and edit your posts by yourself.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed May 20, 2009 11:44 am

vfong1 wrote:... What are the perks for the points?

You have probably missed our first 2 Kiasu Auctions :).

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ImMeeMee » Fri May 29, 2009 9:36 pm

i have a question - why is it everytime i write a comment my kudos will appear as disabled? and what does that mean? :?

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri May 29, 2009 10:22 pm

ImMeeMee wrote:i have a question - why is it everytime i write a comment my kudos will appear as disabled? and what does that mean? :?

You cannot give Kudos to yourself :) . So Kudos will automatically be disabled for all the comments and articles that belong to you. But it will be enabled for others who are reading your comments.

Note also that you can only give Kudos once to each article or comment.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Next

Return to Kiasu Auctions