Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

ME TIME!

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Re: ME TIME!

Postby laughingcat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Funz wrote:I realised that there is fried chicken and roastchicken on this forum :laugh:

you seriously making me think too hard and now hungry despite after dinner.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby laughingcat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Fried chicken wrote:
Funz wrote:I realise that there is fried chicken and roastedchicken on this forum

:lol: fried chicken is my weakness! Mmm. Yum.

me too!!!! But now prelim.....gotta refrain from it. :gloomy:

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby laughingcat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:32 pm

lee_yl, when you do feel different about second thought of GR, maybe it is because you do not want GR to suffer.

However if you have made up your mind to re-home GR, I suggest that you do it quick. Otherwise, GR will feel another phase of trying to re-adjust his feelings all over again. Quite painful for the doggie as well. Doggie will also have deppression as well.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lee_yl » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:40 am

starlight1968sg wrote:yl
Appreciate to post GR’s photos often as there are many dog lovers here but just can’t keep them due to various reasons, pls.
Thank you.

Will do.
DD1’s classmates came and they went gaga over GR Boy. I must say they were quite good at handling/mingling with the dog, like very pro.

Later I found out that this group of girls who came longed having one but due to various reasons, parents didn’t allow them to.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lee_yl » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:43 am

Thanks Funz and Fried Chick.

Actually I am pleasantly surprised to learn that there are so many dogs/pets lovers here in KSP.

Yeee, yucks what’s anal gland draining? Need to do more research later. Poo stuck at butt fur? Faint. That’s why lah, very hard for me to overcome this phobia to have him inside the house. My MIL is a cleanliness freak so I’m also influenced by her over the years. Very hard for me to overcome the physiological barrier.

Looking forward to GR Boy’s 1st pet grooming session later. I think he seriously needs a trim. When we first found him, brother said the dog’s (long and curly) fur felt sticky. Don’t know how long it has been neglected by his previous owner.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lee_yl » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 am

laughingcat wrote:lee_yl, when you do feel different about second thought of GR, maybe it is because you do not want GR to suffer.

However if you have made up your mind to re-home GR, I suggest that you do it quick. Otherwise, GR will feel another phase of trying to re-adjust his feelings all over again. Quite painful for the doggie as well. Doggie will also have deppression as well.

LC. Thanks for your kind words. Come to think of it, maybe yes. I know it is not ideal to keep him at the balcony which is quite open and exposed to rain and sun. During the day, I ask GR Boy to hide under the outdoor table and place a mattress over the table to shield him from sun. I admit I do feel upset my beautiful Ohmm’s outdoor set has now become a dog’s makeshift kennel.

Although I switch on the outdoor ceiling fan for him throughout the day, I think the noon heat is still unbearable (at least for me). Mum and sis keep repeating to me that the dog is going to die soon due to heat stroke. Maybe that caused me to have nightmare that he died on my balcony?

I invited a neighbour who happened to walk pass by my main gate while walking her dog, a golden retriever, to see GR Boy and she was shocked at his size (hers is only 29kg). She felt it is non ideal to keep him outdoors in the long term because GRs are indoors dogs. :frustrated:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Estéema » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 am

Yes. On yr visit to dog groomer, do get the anal cleaned out. On normal days when walking doggy, you can bring along a wet kitchen tissue & a disposal glove to help him wipe out after poo. This helps coz owise if poo sticks ard anal fur & once dried out going to be diet & smell. Don't want it transfer to yr living room floor if it sits with u, right?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lee_yl » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:54 am

Estéema wrote:Yes. On yr visit to dog groomer, do get the anal cleaned out. On normal days when walking doggy, you can bring along a wet kitchen tissue & a disposal glove to help him wipe out after poo. This helps coz owise if poo sticks ard anal fur & once dried out going to be diet & smell. Don't want it transfer to yr living room floor if it sits with u, right?

OMG! You mean I must clean the doggie’s backside everyday? :faint:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 am

You see dogs sniffing each others rear right. It's because of this anal gland. They are sacs in their anus that secretes their individual scents when they poo. The if the sacs do not drain naturally when they poop, it may get infected and cause the dog discomfort plus it will stink.

If the dog's poo is regular and not soft or watery, there is no real need to wipe their backside after they poo.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Fried chicken » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:23 am

lee_yl wrote:
Estéema wrote:Yes. On yr visit to dog groomer, do get the anal cleaned out. On normal days when walking doggy, you can bring along a wet kitchen tissue & a disposal glove to help him wipe out after poo. This helps coz owise if poo sticks ard anal fur & once dried out going to be diet & smell. Don't want it transfer to yr living room floor if it sits with u, right?

OMG! You mean I must clean the doggie’s backside everyday? :faint:

I know people who wipe their dogs' butts, but honestly it's not necessary. We keep butt fur short and we rarely have issues, only if the dog has diarrhoea, then it becomes a bit of a problem. I've also never had to express my dogs' anal glands. You can tell when their anal glands need expressing because it apparently smells fishy and they start 'scooting' (moving around on their butts) on the ground. Actually, a good quality kibble can do a lot besides being better nutritionally - you get less shedding, less smell, less poo (less smelly poos as well), good skin/fur.

Can't wait to see photos of the beautiful boy after his grooming.

By the way, what do you call him? Do you call him GR Boy at home? lol Maybe you should call him Lucky, cos he was a lucky boy to be found by your family!

Fried chicken
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Relationships

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres