ME TIME!

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:35

Re: ME TIME!

Post by Estéema » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:04 pm

I guess I’ve problem esp if it’s a YouTube & I don’t hv the url. Just the video sent to me. So, I don’t know where to grab the url. :shrug: :sad: I’m dumb with tech. Sorry guys, u’re dealing with a thick skull. :oops:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Post by ngl2010 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 pm

If want to do laser, better do it now 'cos it will take 10 days - 2 weeks to heal. Otherwise your face will look scary. :yikes:

But... cases like mine needs a few times to get rid of the dark spots (just 2 spots with diameter about 6mm each!) so not enough time if need to laser a few times.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:93

Post by lee_yl » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:55 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
lee_yl wrote:Hmmm... I didn’t know that it is much cheaper online as I seldom do online purchases. Perhaps, one can test out various design at a physical retail shop then go online to buy. Not sure if such actions will cause retail shops to close down in the long run. :duck:
I think retail shops will also have to reinvent the way they do things. I find online purchasing very convenient, especially for things I buy repeatedly, like household stuff. On the other hand, there are items that I would prefer to inspect before purchasing, but would also appreciate home delivery if they are bulky or heavy. I rememer reading that some online retailers set up a "showcase" place for people to look at the actual items before ordering? I think that may be the way they have to go - rather like furniture shops. They won't need to keep stocks in the shops, but customers can order once they decide they want something, and then have them delivered to their homes (or to a storage locker).
Yes, I agree. Physical retail shops better reinvent themselves, if not, they will find it hard to sustain in the long run.

The shop I went to, the salesperson was friendly and took time to answer some of my queries (like why I experience giddiness when I use sunglasses). But I heart ache after I realised I paid $70 more for the same thing that could be bought online.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by lee_yl » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:28 pm

ngl2010 wrote:
lee_yl wrote: “Reverse panda” effect? :lol: Then maybe better to just carry an umbrella

Friend told me, under the hot sun, the pupils of the eyes will contract. However, if we put on sunglasses, the pupils will openly wider cos it seems darker, thus more harmful rays may get in.
Unless you are suntanning, it is unlikely you will get “reverse panda” effect like Donald Trump’s eyes. Anyway, you are also using sunblock, right?

Sunglasses are important for eyes’ health. I am going to quote what US’ National Eye Institute wrote in their website. As it is a government body, I am sure they are credible and don’t just anyhow say.

“Sunglasses are a great fashion accessory, but their most important job is to protect your eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. Some of the sun’s effects on the eyes include:

- Cataracts, a clouding of the eye’s lens that can blur vision. An estimated 20% of cases are caused by extended UV exposure.

- Macular degeneration, resulting from damage to the retina that destroys central vision. Macular degeneration is the leading cause of blindness in the United States.

- Pterygium, a tissue growth over the white part of the surface of the eye that can alter the curve of the eyeball, causing astigmatism.

When purchasing sunglasses, look for ones that block out 99 to 100% of both UVA and UVB radiation, so you can keep your vision sharp and eyes healthy. A wide-brimmed hat offers great protection, too!”

https://nei.nih.gov/hvm/healthy_eyes_glasses
Ngl_2010,

Yes. I am using Neutrogena (SPF 50++) from Watson/Guardian. Do you think it’s good enough? Or should I go for better brands?

After reading your post, if under hot sun with glasses may cause cataract etc, then it’s also pretty worrying. Hmmm...

Yes, I have wide-brimmed hat and UV umbrella! But sometimes in a rush or out of laziness, I went out without all these :lol:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by lee_yl » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:38 pm

.zeit wrote:Just go to dermatologist to do laser; fast and permanent. After laser, go on 2 wk winter hol to heal and hide, then return with a clearer complexion for the new year. my whole family incl parents are quite obsessed with clear skin.

large sunglasses are to prevent crow's feet and undereye wrinkles. if really severe beyond off-the-counter repair, again go to your trusted dermatologist.
.Zeit,

Is laser treatment permanent? I think if don’t take care, the same spots will reappear?

Once a cashier told me “感觉脸很肮脏” as she too had such sun spots. Ever since, the word “肮脏” stayed in my mind! :sad:

Thanks for the tips! Didn’t cross my mind that large glasses can also help prevent crow’s feet and wrinkles under the eyes!

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by lee_yl » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 pm

MyPillow wrote:So any gd n trusted dermatologist with reasonable charges ?
Din mind trying laser to mini pores
or fairer clear skin
My treatment done at beauty salon but not that great. I am keen to try the one ngl_2010 recommended. PM you after I tried.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by lee_yl » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:51 pm

chenlaoshi wrote:
Estéema wrote:I still do not know how to embed a video, but like to share this. Very touching fr a Chinese, single child family ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7pHa1EYH2E
(Opps, between step 2 to 3, there's another step: Paste the video url)

[/youtube]
@Estee, thanks for the video.

Was taken aback with I saw the title, “清华女子光裸演出” :lol: Very weird.
Maybe 光裸 here means her 内心话.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:25

Post by starlight1968sg » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:12 am

ME time - car servicing ...

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:197

Post by slmkhoo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:21 am

lee_yl wrote:Yes. I am using Neutrogena (SPF 50++) from Watson/Guardian. Do you think it’s good enough? Or should I go for better brands?
I think it's the SPF rating that matters, not the brand. And Neutrogena is a reputable brand.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:10

Post by MrsKiasu » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:27 am

I m using spf 50+ uva+uvb and always with hat/umbrella handy.