ME TIME!

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
Post Reply
Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3604
Joined: Wed Jul 04,
Total Likes:39

Re: ME TIME!

Post by Estéema » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:33 pm

janet88 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:10 pm
super HOT day! I felt so lethargic.
daughter down with throat infection. MC for 2 days, fortunately no SA1 but there will be WA (weighted assessment).
Yes. It’s been very hot. Insufferable. Back to reality in Spore & my dry skin just getting more accustomed after a week

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 15344
Joined: Mon Nov 16,
Total Likes:25

Re: ME TIME!

Post by starlight1968sg » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:51 pm

Hey esteema
I was about to ask if you are back. It seems you were away for a long time :)

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2857
Joined: Wed Jan 14,
Total Likes:10

Re: ME TIME!

Post by laughingcat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:01 pm

Anybody knows if there is any sales for thermal pot? Needed to look for a 4.5L thermal pot for beef stew and soups. Looking for vacuum type and wide neck pot.

Do you think Tiger Brand NFH-G450 at $240 worth it?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3604
Joined: Wed Jul 04,
Total Likes:39

Re: ME TIME!

Post by Estéema » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:12 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:51 pm
Hey esteema
I was about to ask if you are back. It seems you were away for a long time :)
Just came back past midnite last week & morning FIL was in high fever admitted again. Hardly catch my breathe, MIL in panic coz FIL kept vomiting. Poor DH hardly 4 hours’ sleep then had to leave office to fetch FIL to hospital. Suggest to all my BILs that shld get ambulance so don’t hv to loose time in back & forth commute. They found his dialysis caterer causes his blood infection. Poor MIL 瘦了一大圈 :sad:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 7146
Joined: Mon Jan 18,
Total Likes:97

Re: ME TIME!

Post by lee_yl » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:18 am

Estéema wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:12 pm
starlight1968sg wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:51 pm
Hey esteema
I was about to ask if you are back. It seems you were away for a long time :)
Just came back past midnite last week & morning FIL was in high fever admitted again. Hardly catch my breathe, MIL in panic coz FIL kept vomiting. Poor DH hardly 4 hours’ sleep then had to leave office to fetch FIL to hospital. Suggest to all my BILs that shld get ambulance so don’t hv to loose time in back & forth commute. They found his dialysis caterer causes his blood infection. Poor MIL 瘦了一大圈 :sad:
Oh dear! Blood infection/ blood poisoning is something very serious, can be life-threatening.

Sometimes I wonder if your FIL 第六感, to refuse to go for dialysis was right. Dialysis caterer got bacteria or the process unhygienic?


lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 7146
Joined: Mon Jan 18,
Total Likes:97

Re: ME TIME!

Post by lee_yl » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:11 am

janet88 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 am
lee_yl wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:31 pm
My car is 13 years old. Max 2 more years to go and it will be end of life. If repair cost is $500 or $1K, I will get it done. If $5K then I might as well don’t use the car boot anymore.

Think I was distracted lah. Was ranting to DH about how high petrol prices are, after an average increase last month, prices shot up again this month. Probably got too worked up then “bong” liao.
no point spending money to repair...I agree with your hubby to change to a new car since the present one is already 13 years old. the boot is necessary since you have to go marketing.
Sent my car for repair yesterday. Knocked back the dents on car boot cover and bumper, spray paint. Managed to bargain the cost from $800 to $550. Change new car, I need to start servicing new car loan. Think of this part, I damn sian.

I recall 10 yrs ago when I hit the same pillar, it cost me $5K because that was a lot more serious and I claimed insurance.

Anyway, damn sian, just kissed the pillar for a split second, a few hundred dollars gone :moneyflies:

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 6769
Joined: Mon Aug 27,
Total Likes:16

Re: ME TIME!

Post by MyPillow » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:14 am

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... i-11445998

My rule is no adventure high risk activities overseas ...

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 6769
Joined: Mon Aug 27,
Total Likes:16

Re: ME TIME!

Post by MyPillow » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:14 am

Canadian tourist fall in zip line in Chiang Mai
Nowadays a lot of holiday accidents
My fren work in claims told me a lot of such things to sporean too doing ATv , jet ski, parasail in thai, indo, developing countries , developed places also have accidents though not as high rate.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... i-11445998


My rule is no adventure high risk activities overseas ...

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3604
Joined: Wed Jul 04,
Total Likes:39

Re: ME TIME!

Post by Estéema » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:21 am

Actually, we adv him to do peritoneal (water dialysis at home) which is more comfortable, automatic done when sleeping. Machine is very quiet. With peritoneal, the doc will place a permanent tunnel in the tummy & properly sealed, for chemical fr one bag to go thro washing blood & return to ano bag (which will be thrown away after whole process upon waking.

He insisted to do blood dialysis at centers outside of home, whilst we adv him to do peritoneal but he wanted that temporary caterer. These caterer has to be changed every 6mths to a year or sth like this happens. We struggled to get him to select the best option, it hes got his own ‘agenda’. But we just stop pushing coz he’s gotta go thro the hard lessons. Now with the blood infection, he knows how he vomited till legs wobbly, yday agreed for doc to get the procedure for permanent tunnel to be placed in his tummy.

It’ll take time. M’time MIL suffers a lot having to handle his tandrum, stubbornness, un-coperativeness. He belongs to his old school with his male alter-ego.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 10647
Joined: Mon Jul 18,
Total Likes:12

Re: ME TIME!

Post by MrsKiasu » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:32 am

Estéema wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:21 am
Actually, we adv him to do peritoneal (water dialysis at home) which is more comfortable, automatic done when sleeping. Machine is very quiet. With peritoneal, the doc will place a permanent tunnel in the tummy & properly sealed, for chemical fr one bag to go thro washing blood & return to ano bag (which will be thrown away after whole process upon waking.

He insisted to do blood dialysis at centers outside of home, whilst we adv him to do peritoneal but he wanted that temporary caterer. These caterer has to be changed every 6mths to a year or sth like this happens. We struggled to get him to select the best option, it hes got his own ‘agenda’. But we just stop pushing coz he’s gotta go thro the hard lessons. Now with the blood infection, he knows how he vomited till legs wobbly, yday agreed for doc to get the procedure for permanent tunnel to be placed in his tummy.

It’ll take time. M’time MIL suffers a lot having to handle his tandrum, stubbornness, un-coperativeness. He belongs to his old school with his male alter-ego.
esteema, blood dialysis? I read dialysis, I auto think kidney dialysis wor, what happen to yr fil's blood?

Post Reply