Love In Small Ways

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Love In Small Ways

Postby cherry31 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:33 am

I've dated my husband for 9 years & married for another 4 years. So, we've somehow gotten into the very comfortable zone & needless to say, the in love feeling I once felt is gone. There is no doubt I love him. But being a romantic, I wanna feel the heady rush during the honeymoon phase. I wanna recapture the feelings when we started dating.

Hence, I've created a blog to remind myself to fall in love with the same person again and again.

www.loveinsmallways.blogspot.com

cherry31
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mocharita » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:06 am

Ideally, we want to feel in love with our partner throughout the marriage. As marriage matured along the way and years, you don’t feel in love with your partner anymore. Love is not gone, you will continue loving your partner but not in love, because marriage goes through phases to sustain and strengthen the foundation both of you had built from the beginning. I don’t like honeymoon phase, because it’s honeymoon phase where everything is sweet and there’s no tomorrow. I want to see and know the road ahead of us will be smooth or not with his pledge on the altar minutes ago because I want my tomorrow EVERYDAY. In love?? Nah, my hub and I passed that phase. I love my hub very much, but I’m not in love with him. I’m in love with our child.

mocharita
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby noobparent » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 am

How to always feel the heady rush? Very difficult, I feel.

But we need to try.

Also, different feelings during different stages of marriage.

Once you have kids, a lot of time & attention is focussed on the children. Sometimes, the couple may feel neglected, especially the male.

noobparent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Relationships