Anyone accused of being a good father but lousy husband?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Anyone accused of being a good father but lousy husband?

Postby markfch » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:22 pm

DW ever mentioned to me that she rated me an 'A' as a father but 'C-' as a husband. Everything I do, I do it for ds. Occasionally my conscious will prick me and that's when I'll try to do something for dw.

Recently I bought a $2k branded bag for dw and I felt the pinch, though I tried not to show it. But I'm sure if I were do the same for ds, I would feel very very happy. I'm not sure if it's a hainanese thing cos my father is also like that.

Anyone else is guilty of the same sin?
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:30 pm

:laugh: Oops :oops: I can't help but to laugh when I see this posting. My hubby is also a hainanese and very pure one and I am wondering what was going through his mind when he bought me stuff.

I thought hainanese is well know to make good husband :? Err... fortunately my hubby is not like but he is not always generous and sometimes need to drop hints to get the stuff I want. But I hope he would do more for the kids. Eg. I don't have to nag/ pull a long face for him to help me to coach the kids at night. I was so :x and imagne putting a tv over his head as watching tv seems to be more important for him.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby duriz » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:40 pm

MMM wrote: I was so :x and imagne putting a tv over his head as watching tv seems to be more important for him.

Er, shouldn't the tv be over YOUR head so he can watch it?

:duck:

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:44 pm

duriz wrote:
MMM wrote: I was so :x and imagne putting a tv over his head as watching tv seems to be more important for him.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

hope ur DH doesnt grace this forum - he could get this idea

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Anyone accused of being a good father but lousy husband?

Postby duriz » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:44 pm

markfch wrote: Anyone else is guilty of the same sin?

markfch, you would be talking about my papa.
He is a fantastic father but a real lousy (house)husband who rarely helped out with the household income and chores.
He is the kind that when he is broke (which is often), he would borrow money to lend to his buddies who asked him for a loan and/or hang out with his buddies for a smoke and drink.

Good thing DH is nothing like him.
The most expensive thing DH has bought me since the birth of DD is a Kate Spade Baby Bag with diaper changing "facilities" :|

But I have to say he IS a wonderful father to DD.

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:48 pm

duriz wrote:

:rotflmao: haha very funny hah :lol:

Seriously at that moment, I told the kids that I feel like putting a tv/ box over his head. Imagine a walking man with tv on the head. Then I can probably watch tv too. If I can give that up after a day at work, why can't he do the same????? It's just so unfair. :x

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:05 pm

markfch wrote:DW ever mentioned to me that she rated me an 'A' as a father but 'C-' as a husband. Everything I do, I do it for ds. Occasionally my conscious will prick me and that's when I'll try to do something for dw.

Recently I bought a $2k branded bag for dw and I felt the pinch, though I tried not to show it. But I'm sure if I were do the same for ds, I would feel very very happy. I'm not sure if it's a hainanese thing cos my father is also like that.

Mark I like ur postings... ur very sincere and frank person... :celebrate:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby markfch » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks LKVM, guess I'm still quite a straight forward person at heart.

Btw, how come a thread on husbands and only wives reply?
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Hey markfch,

Just wondering .... what was your 'rating' like before DS came along .... :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Funz » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:50 pm

markfch wrote:DW ever mentioned to me that she rated me an 'A' as a father but 'C-' as a husband. Everything I do, I do it for ds. Occasionally my conscious will prick me and that's when I'll try to do something for dw.

markfch, you are not the only one. My sis and a close friend of mine both rated their hubbies A+ as fathers and sons but a less then desirable grade as husbands.

From your posts, you come across as a devoted father and someone who is pretty sentimental. You even leave notes for your son, so why not for your wife if you have not done so. But that is provided that is her love language. Else your efforts will still fall flat.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Relationships