Does your kids know....

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Does your kids know....

Postby Nebbermind » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 am

...that you are complaining abt your husbands, wives, mother, father, MIL, FIL. etc here?

Your kid may be having a good relationship with all these parties but after reading your revelation, starts resenting them. Is it healthy? Shd we make this forum more private?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Does your kids know....

Postby janet88 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Nebbermind wrote:...that you are complaining abt your husbands, wives, mother, father, MIL, FIL. etc here?

Your kid may be having a good relationship with all these parties but after reading your revelation, starts resenting them. Is it healthy? Shd we make this forum more private?

I always logout when I leave my seat...and I've made it a rule that when I sit in front of the laptop, my son is not to see what I'm typing.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smartmummy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:42 am

janet_lee88 wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:...that you are complaining abt your husbands, wives, mother, father, MIL, FIL. etc here?

I always logout when I leave my seat...and I've made it a rule that when I sit in front of the laptop, my son is not to see what I'm typing.

yah I do the same.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlueBells » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:34 am

I only access this forum while in the office, never at home. However, I air everything and more to my hubby, be it about his mum / dad / brother or SIL - their attitudes / behaviour, etc.. It then become a subject discussion for us, his takes, my takes; but we never quarrel about it. And if I air anything to my sister, I will let him know it as well.

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sunflowerseed84 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:19 pm

haven really start complaining about anyth yet here. :smile:

sunflowerseed84
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby LOLMum » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:00 pm

when dh and i talked/complained about our family members in front of our kids, it is usually about the matter and not the person. on this forum??? well, i cant really remember what comments i had made but i dont think they are negative comments.

dd did expressed shock when she read some of threads on this forum.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bigsnoopy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Didn't let my DD know not on good terms with MIL. I don't think the conflicts need to bring down to the next generation.

bigsnoopy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peapot » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:16 am

YKVT, you have a good point there. I also agree not to influence our children.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:41 pm

BlueBells wrote:I only access this forum while in the office, never at home. However, I air everything and more to my hubby, be it about his mum / dad / brother or SIL - their attitudes / behaviour, etc.. It then become a subject discussion for us, his takes, my takes; but we never quarrel about it. And if I air anything to my sister, I will let him know it as well.

Hubby knows my take on his family.
As for the kids, I access this forum when they are both at school.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Castle House » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:56 am

Hi

Yes.. I also never discussed the issue (if any) infront of my children. I will only discuss with hb whenever the kids are playing among themselves or nowhere within the hearing distance.. :)

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Relationships