Confidence

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Confidence

Postby lisadrome » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Confidence is a learning journey.

Lifting the child in your arms for the first time can be exhilarating and letting go may be hard - and that is a confidence itself.

What are some of your experiences? Do share

lisadrome
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kiddo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:29 am

Not quite sure what you mean by Confidence, or the context who and what is involved. A child and a parent.

Are talking about "tough love" letting our children roam free
without over sheltering them or

Letting go of our children as they grow up which is tough for some
SAHM because it like the "empty nest" syndrome.

Care to elaborate more :wink:

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

confidence

Postby lisadrome » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Probably this can go two ways as Kiddo thanks for pointing that to me!

I was actually covering on Parents and our ability to see our shortfalls where we don't necessarily know how best to express our confidence or challenges we feel as a parent with our child.

In any relationship I have more confidence with a 3rd person as compared to my own children and was wondering if this is something any other parent also feels? In terms of confidence-- eg I feel that my son/daughter is not going to be able to handle this as compared to their friend.

It feels ironical... but that is the truth, do you agree?

lisadrome
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: confidence

Postby kiddo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:52 pm

lisadrome wrote:I was actually covering on Parents and our ability to see our shortfalls where we don't necessarily know how best to express our confidence or challenges we feel as a parent with our child.

In any relationship I have more confidence with a 3rd person as compared to my own children and was wondering if this is something any other parent also feels? In terms of confidence-- eg I feel that my son/daughter is not going to be able to handle this as compared to their friend.

It feels ironical... but that is the truth, do you agree?

Do you mean in simple terms you feel you have more confidence than your children in handling other people , in the same circumstances ? :?
or your children may not reach the level of confidence that you think they ought to given the circumstances :?

If i read you correctly - it may always be the case beacuse all of us our children and ourself is made differently ...DNA difffer and nature nurture difffer etc .... along list to go on :D

For example , I compare to my boy -- have it very rough when we were
young because - being poor and always have to strive for many things in order to get to where we are now --- that in turn in a way build up the current confidence that the baby boomer people have due to the environment.

Our children be it 80's or 90's generation is a "strawberry" generation easily dented when "poked" :pokeeye:
I think it may be due to the
comfortable environment created by the generation before and also the world is at a different setting and pace during
my time or vice versa our children's time.

Make sense ? :celebrate:

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Hi Kiddo

Postby lisadrome » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:50 pm

It makes perfect sense.. and I believe I made it extremely complicated mumbo jumbo language... sorry about it!

But yes I think it has something to do with the nature and the experience... thanks for sharing Kiddo

Appreciate it!

lisadrome
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby philipsteele » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Confidence is the important factor in life,if it looses then we thinks negatively and our life will crashed.So always think positively and also don't loose confidence then every one can win the life.

philipsteele
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby claramolee » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:45 pm

i think confidence is the only factor for winning the life..if we lose them then everything will lose...so always think positively..and also ready to face any thing in life... 8)

claramolee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Confidence

Postby yenny99 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:33 am

Personally, i felt that confidence is definitely an essential characteristic we need to teach our children. With confidence, success will definitely be on their side one day :)

yenny99
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby LOLMum » Thu May 26, 2011 11:35 am

confidence is essential but it could also make or break a person if left unchecked.

i believe that it is important to encourage, praise, stimulate confidence in a child but it must also goes hand in hand with humbleness.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby aaidenwollf12 » Sat May 28, 2011 2:57 am

Confidence is always good, but over confidence is always very bad....

Aaiden
hertz australia

aaidenwollf12
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Relationships