Being Naked In Front Of Kids

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Being Naked In Front Of Kids

Postby Gooby » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi Parents,

I will like to find out when you parents stop being naked in front of your kids.

My two boys are 5 and 8. I still allow them to see me naked while I am bathing or changing clothes.

The elder one though 8, does not seem to display any particular attention. I am always normal in front of them, and they don't pay seem to bother too.

The reason that I did not stop them is I don't feel the need to 'hide'. Wouldn't it make them feel more curious to know about mummy's body or maybe other girl's body in the future if I keep hiding from them. I tot maybe if they see it frequently, it will become 'nothing' in their eyes so their mind will not get too excited or curious about women's body when they grow up. I don't want my sons to grow up being to curious about sex and want them to treat it as a normal part of themselves.

I once overheard a boy of age about 7-8 yrs requesting his mum to let him go into the shower so that he can watch her bathe at a public pool. I was at the next cubicle bathing. The mum rejected him. I found it rather funny though. Son wanted to watch mum bathe and mum frantically refusing to let him watch.

While, I intend to stop when my boy shows sign of akwardness or puberty.
Will it be too late? Are you parents ok with being naked in front of yuor kids?

Gooby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby micollh » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:42 pm

never done that before.. i still feel weird when hearing that.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KoalaMummy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi Gooby, don't worry, me and hubby has been doing that and my eldest son is now 10yo and my girl is 8yo. To them, it's a norm. My hubby and me feel the same way too. Until maybe when they reach puberty or much older...also don't know when for sure... but let it be natural and it'll be fine. we did not think too much into it too. and we feel this is the best sex education that they can have, from and at home. :celebrate:

KoalaMummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:05 pm

I stopped it when my son turned 4 yo..dunno but i cannot be normal with them watching...
but yes its personal view

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby teh_oh » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Personal view.
I remember that when I was 8 and my brother was 4, my mum used to change 'normally' that is, did not particularly go into the toilet to change, she changed near her dresser in full view of whoever walked into the room. Although I did not display my dismay, nonetheless I felt that she should not have change in full view of my brother, and secretly disapprove her of being so 'open'. It then lead to my 4 yr old brother wanting to see me bathe which my parents thought is normal. I refused to bathe for a week.

teh_oh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Yerdua » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:49 pm

I 'll bathe with my dd and
my hubby'll bathe with my ds.
Never cross of our minds of
being naked to the opposite sex.
:oops:

Yerdua
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Am I too conservative, but I don't think it's right to be naked in front of your kids who are of the opposite sex; ie daughters with dads and sons with mothers.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:29 pm

jtoh wrote:Am I too conservative, but I don't think it's right to be naked in front of your kids who are of the opposite sex; ie daughters with dads and sons with mothers.

You are not alone. I share the exact same sentiments too. :hi5: :celebrate:

Postby jtoh » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:13 am

25hourmaid wrote:
jtoh wrote:Am I too conservative, but I don't think it's right to be naked in front of your kids who are of the opposite sex; ie daughters with dads and sons with mothers.

You are not alone. I share the exact same sentiments too. :hi5: :celebrate:

:hi5:

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Gooby » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 am

KoalaMummy wrote:Hi Gooby, don't worry, me and hubby has been doing that and my eldest son is now 10yo and my girl is 8yo. To them, it's a norm. My hubby and me feel the same way too. Until maybe when they reach puberty or much older...also don't know when for sure... but let it be natural and it'll be fine. we did not think too much into it too. and we feel this is the best sex education that they can have, from and at home. :celebrate:

Hi KoalaMummy, good to hear that you are ok with that too :oops:

For my own family, I never get to see my Dad naked and I certainly do not want to :roll: .
But my mum has never been shy with me and sis since young even until now. I was the one that was always hiding from her :oops: .

I remember when I was about 14 years old. My aunt (SG married to UK) whom had stayed in UK for 30 yrs came to visit us with her two sons. Her sons were about 14 and 17 yrs. I happened to pass by their room (they were sleeping in my bro's room) and saw her changing with her door open and in front of her two teenage boys. I was like wow, she was really not shy with her sons and outsiders too.

As much as I am feeling ok doing this in front of my boys, I am wondering if there are any serious side effects doing this? I will really like to hear more views on this esp from the daddys too.

Gooby
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Relationships