In-law problems?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

If you have a choice, would you stay with your in laws?

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes: 758

skii
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:3

Re: In-law problems?

Post by skii » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:34 pm

breatheandgrow wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:26 am
For a period of time, I was so convinced by my husband to buy a bigger condo to stay with my in-law so it will be easier when it comes to logistics for our children. I was especially tempted as our budget was very tight and put in-law offered to pay for full down payment. I am so happy that in the end my husband liked another smaller condo unit while my in-laws did not so we did not end up staying together. At times when my mil feed my kids junk non-stop and let them watch YouTube for entire duration they are there, I feel so lucky that we are not staying together. Since it only happens when we visit them once a week, I also could stomach only unhappiness and let go.
IL are vice providers - fact.

youtube/pokemon go la.
sweets la
packet drinks la.

everytime come, will bring all these nonsese.
which kid will not love this type of grandparents?

rainbow_icecream
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by rainbow_icecream » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 pm

Of course not, never wanted to before I even got married. I cherish my own personal space. I don't even want to stay with my parents! Hahaha...

STmummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by STmummy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm

I feel my problem is created by hubby. His parents seldom showed their concern with my children. They are only interested in their own son or their other set of grandchildren taken care by them.
He wants to be filial to his parents. Tried to include them for our holidays. We did a few times and they are always full of comments, can't walk much or just stay in hotel rooms. But hubby will always comment don't know how many more years they are left with. Then I will be wondering, why are you always cursing your parents? Many can live up to 90! I may be the one who may just die of heart attack tmrw with all these unhappiness in me! Whenever we argued over his parents, he will always be super critical and defensive over them! And I did not even say things about asking him to choose. He volunteered and said that!
They did not help at all when it comes to my children. Whenever we need last minute babysitting, it's always my side helping us.

I am just so tired arguing with hubby over his parents who are only interested in him (their son). Whenever I see other grandfathers playing with their grandchildren, I ached for my kids. My father passed away long ago and they will never be able to feel the love of a grandfather. Because he just can't be bothered.

CerlynR
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CerlynR » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:22 pm

STmummy wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm
I feel my problem is created by hubby. His parents seldom showed their concern with my children. They are only interested in their own son or their other set of grandchildren taken care by them.
He wants to be filial to his parents. Tried to include them for our holidays. We did a few times and they are always full of comments, can't walk much or just stay in hotel rooms. But hubby will always comment don't know how many more years they are left with. Then I will be wondering, why are you always cursing your parents? Many can live up to 90! I may be the one who may just die of heart attack tmrw with all these unhappiness in me! Whenever we argued over his parents, he will always be super critical and defensive over them! And I did not even say things about asking him to choose. He volunteered and said that!
They did not help at all when it comes to my children. Whenever we need last minute babysitting, it's always my side helping us.

I am just so tired arguing with hubby over his parents who are only interested in him (their son). Whenever I see other grandfathers playing with their grandchildren, I ached for my kids. My father passed away long ago and they will never be able to feel the love of a grandfather. Because he just can't be bothered.

I can feel how disappointed and mad you are with the situation. Have you tried to talk to them and tell them what's on your mind?