In-law problems?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

If you have a choice, would you stay with your in laws?

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes: 758

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:227

Re: In-law problems?

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 am

janet88 wrote:vinegar,
hubby seems to have aged recently...weekends are supposed to be fun and relaxing but he is so serious. he is also picky. many times i have to remind him to switch from work mode to weekend mode. saturday and sundays pass so quickly...by the time he is relaxed, it's almost the end of weekend :frustrated:
I think he's been through a lot recently, and now he has a new job, selling/buying a flat, all the financial issues etc to consider - it's a lot of stress factors all at once. He probably needs a bit more time to get over this period before he can relax more. Settling into a new job can take 3-6 months, and the new flat will take a few months to set up and settle into as well.

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by MyPillow » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:12 pm

lee_yl wrote:
lee_yl wrote:

The other day we talked about your ah Lao, how har? :lol:
spending more time on heart to heart talk, leeyl..we had wine after kids slept..morning when I woke up by my alarm clock I went out to the living hall and sat on the sofa want to continue with my sleep :lol: spring cleaning job havent finished..think I should just close my eyes la. hey, cny decor started selling at 50% disc liao. i bought the 'fu' for next year cny :laugh:
MKS,
I feel happy for you upon hearing that.
Heart to heart talk connects couple.
Wooo... 酒后乱性 :evil:
[/quote]

alamak! What had i missed, some PG 21 talk?
no need liquor also can, so long the mood come :evil: :wink:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:118

Post by lee_yl » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:01 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
lee_yl wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:
MKS,

Why do u need to keep the fu for next year? Can use this year then recycle again. I am still in dilemma whether I should throw away last year’s Xmas decor or keep it until Dec.
your side also got this kind of pattern arh酒后乱性 :laugh:

have enough cny decor now..dd2 even have few self drawn and coloured doggie pasted plus few doggy origami. looking messy already :lol:
We drink tea only. :lol:
I always see KSP mummies like to sip wine after dinner hor, enjoy life.

You better enjoy your DD2’s efforts. I remembered kiddos gave me self drawn rabbits for CNY many years ago. Now that they have grown up, they no longer do that.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by lee_yl » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:12 pm

MyPillow wrote:
lee_yl wrote:
MKS,
alamak! What had i missed, some PG 21 talk?
no need liquor also can, so long the mood come :evil: :wink:
Only got CNY mood lah. :lol:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by lee_yl » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 pm

janet88 wrote:
lee_yl wrote: Janet,
From your previous sharings, you are a wonderful wife who supported your DH to get thru his difficult times. Your hubby is stressed, maybe too many things on his mind, new job, new house, CNY, renovations...
i do flare up when he goes overboard. now that we have secured a buyer, the new flat and renovation headaches are over. CNY is small thing. the kids and i often wonder why he is 'physically there but mentally somewhere'. he has a new job. finance wise, i know what is going on and it is not an issue. our household expenditure is lean.
Janet,
Good to be optimistic but your buyer hasn’t exercised the option right? Plus your renovation has not even started, real headache has yet to start?

This being a new job, your DH probably needs time to settle down in his new working environment and to adapt to a different work culture, can be quite stressful.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Good to be optimistic but your buyer hasn’t exercised the option right? Plus your renovation has not even started, real headache has yet to start?

This being a new job, your DH probably needs time to settle down in his new working environment and to adapt to a different work culture, can be quite stressful.
yl,
my buyer exercise the OTP last sunday...will be submitting the resale application 2moro.
renovation yet to to start...an exciting adventure ahead. :sweat:

vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by vinegar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:03 am

janet88 wrote:

yl,
my buyer exercise the OTP last sunday...will be submitting the resale application 2moro.
Janet,
Congrats..Finally otp has been exercised.
Don't worry. Renovation is not that tough if hire the right people. Fr me, the aftermath is more tedious. The cleaning, shifting. Though we will hire pt maid to clean up the place after reno, we still hv to do few rounds of cleanings after shifting.

For new job, sometimes even take years to get used of it. My dh works on projects basis kinda job. Despite he stays in same company but everytime he works on new project , he faces new challenge n stress. I hv to tolerate his moodiness at times. No choice, husband n wife hv to give n take.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by lee_yl » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:00 am

janet88 wrote:

yl,
Good. Was feeling gan jeong for you.
I thought I read somewhere that the OTP expiring next Mon.

Once renovation works start, it can be tiring but you will get to see the end product as the days pass. Exciting adventure ahead.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:16 am

lee_yl wrote: Good. Was feeling gan jeong for you.
I thought I read somewhere that the OTP expiring next Mon.

Once renovation works start, it can be tiring but you will get to see the end product as the days pass. Exciting adventure ahead.
hi yl,
thanks for thinking about me.
OTP exercised last weekend and it was a relief knowing the flat is SOLD....buyer had to find documents before submitting online to start resale application...that took some time.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:31

Post by jedamum » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:17 am

I used to be naive to think that renovation people are responsible. I thought they did many jobs and should know what they are doing. Unlucky me to meet subcontractors who drilled my toilet wall wrongly (to fix shelving) and fixed the framed shower screen upside down.

When they doing work in the house, they actually let strangers walk in and out... Like open house like that.