In-law problems?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

If you have a choice, would you stay with your in laws?

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes: 758

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Re: In-law problems?

Post by janet88 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:32 am

2moro first day of CNY...i don't have to talk. i lost my voice completely.

vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by vinegar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:56 pm

jedamum wrote:I used to be naive to think that renovation people are responsible. I thought they did many jobs and should know what they are doing. Unlucky me to meet subcontractors who drilled my toilet wall wrongly (to fix shelving) and fixed the framed shower screen upside down.

When they doing work in the house, they actually let strangers walk in and out... Like open house like that.
Once i discovered they left the aircon on overnight. The indian workers on the aircon manually despite i kept all the remote controls. The contractor or ID in charge did not inspect the place everyday.

They will use kitchen sink to do washing, even threw paint into kitchen sink.

Really cannot leave the reno completely with them. We will inspect their work daily, lock up all the rooms. If time permits, i will stay there n monitor their work whole day.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:40 am

ladies,
shall we move the discussion on renovation to 'hdb and condo' thread?

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:118

Post by lee_yl » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:29 pm

MIL called to chit chat.

She complained about SIL (her daughter) using a small fire to cook dinner as if she is worried her kitchen will get oily.

SIL also spent a good amount of time mopping the floor daily despite being a FTWM. Worse still, whenever there are guests, after they left, she would reclean the whole place again and again. The floor is so sparkling clean to the extent that when a relative visited them, that relative almost slipped and fell.

Next item on her list of grouses is that their family has so much clothings to wash and iron, even underwear also must iron.

I just listened. Then I realized one thing. Everything she complained about my SIL, was exactly the same grouches I harboured when I became DIL. MIL was also like that when I first knew her, and only maybe after her extended stay with me recently, she has become “dirtier”. :lol:

Guess humans do change with surroundings, I guess. Or so called, “吃到你的口水”。Because I realised nowadays whenever I go back to visit my mum, I do find their place lacking in cleanliness. :lol:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:50

Post by MrsKiasu » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:39 pm

I must admit my house not everyday sparkly clean..for me difficult to keep house clean everyday when there is only me maintaining it..else I need to become real maid..scrubbed the toilet from wall/glass partitions to floor clean for few days only, then I wait till I have the mood to scrub again for next satisfactory feel ..when friends called up last minute say want to drop by, then I need to quickly sweep the floor and wipe the table :lol: my mum keeps her home very clean that's why will nag my unmarried uncle.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:29

Post by starlight1968sg » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:45 pm

I don’t sweep floor or mop weekly.
If I claim no.2, unlikely anybody ‘better’ than me.

Why spend time doing household chores when there are more interesting or fun things to do?

Rachel572
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Rachel572 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:19 am

Most of my time, I spend it cleaning the house. I make sure to clean the house during my vacant time. I dunno if it's just me but I want to everything to be tidy and organized. Well, I guess I can't help it but I love doing so! :imcool:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:I don’t sweep floor or mop weekly.

Why spend time doing household chores when there are more interesting or fun things to do?
I vacuum daily because the sight of hair and dust bugs me.
why is this under 'in laws' thread?

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:118

Post by lee_yl » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:38 pm

janet88 wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:I don’t sweep floor or mop weekly.

I vacuum daily because the sight of hair and dust bugs me.
why is this under 'in laws' thread?
Aiya, you must read my earlier post lah.

Basically, I am saying, now I can understand why is it painful for MIL when she was staying under one roof in the early years of my marriage because MIL has OCD and I was lazy and dirty, not clean enough.

More than a decade later, I am used to being clean till I find my mum’s place “dirty” as their floor is like always sticky and kitchen cabinets and utensils oily. :lol:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:37 pm

lee_yl wrote: Basically, I am saying, now I can understand why is it painful for MIL when she was staying under one roof in the early years of my marriage because MIL has OCD and I was lazy and dirty, not clean enough.

More than a decade later, I am used to being clean till I find my mum’s place “dirty” as their floor is like always sticky and kitchen cabinets and utensils oily. :lol:
sorry, missed a page.