A good read - DID I MARRY THE RIGHT PERSON?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Re: A good read - DID I MARRY THE RIGHT PERSON?

Postby BeContented » Fri May 13, 2011 9:29 am

:love: :goodpost:

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby snowball » Fri May 13, 2011 3:43 pm

:snuggles: THE KEY TO SUCCEEDING IN MARRIAGE IS NOT FINDING THE RIGHT PERSON; IT'S LEARNING TO LOVE THE PERSON YOU FOUND. :hugs:

I agreed, especially on "learning to love the person you found" i will be starting on lesson 1 very soon..... :kiss:

snowball
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby carebear » Fri May 13, 2011 5:15 pm

jessicawongcs wrote:THE KEY TO SUCCEEDING IN MARRIAGE IS NOT FINDING THE RIGHT PERSON; IT'S LEARNING TO LOVE THE PERSON YOU FOUND.

Yes!!!! Totally agreed!
My DH was the one who wooed me.
I liked him alot because he was outstanding academically.
I thought if my kids were going to be as bright as he is, why not, and I gave the relationship a try,ie by learning to love him and accept his idiosyncrasies and it has worked all these years.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peapot » Fri May 13, 2011 5:19 pm

good post!!!

Something that I can learn from.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kiddo » Sat May 14, 2011 8:15 pm

jessicawongcs wrote:THE KEY TO SUCCEEDING IN MARRIAGE IS NOT FINDING THE RIGHT PERSON; IT'S LEARNING TO LOVE THE PERSON YOU FOUND.
nice one Jessica :hi5:
:kiss: :dancing: :dancing: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
even when you find the thing he does used to but now no more "CUTE" :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby snowball » Mon May 16, 2011 11:33 am

Maybe is easy to "learn " to love our partner but is very difficult to always "agree to disagree " with his belief.....

snowball
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Funz » Mon May 16, 2011 11:49 am

snowball wrote:Maybe is easy to "learn " to love our partner but is very difficult to always "agree to disagree " with his belief.....

For us, agreeing to disagree is not that difficult. We disagree all the time. :razz: But to respect this belief of your partner's that you do not agree with is more challenging.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby kiddo » Mon May 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Funz wrote:
snowball wrote:Maybe is easy to "learn " to love our partner but is very difficult to always "agree to disagree " with his belief.....

For us, agreeing to disagree is not that difficult. We disagree all the time. :razz: But to respect this belief of your partner's that you do not agree with is more challenging.

:hugs: yap you need to think like a "Saint" :hugs:

kiddo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Warr » Tue May 17, 2011 2:39 pm

I have been married 21 YEARS... we have been through a lot. All the "stages" actually. In the end, we both realised that we did love one another. It is when we got distracted by all the challenges in our daily lives, we lose sight of that, we stop talking and sharing. We begin to doubt the other person.

But in the end, when we take a deep breath, cast aside every problem bothering us and just spend some time together, the love remains. We just needed to get rid of the "crusts" that accumulated over the healings and the hurts... :)

This is a very nice post, and I do agree with the author of the post. Falling in love is easy. But learning to really love takes a life time. I am still learning.

Warr
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby carebear » Tue May 17, 2011 6:19 pm

Warr wrote:I have been married 21 YEARS... we have been through a lot. All the "stages" actually. In the end, we both realised that we did love one another. It is when we got distracted by all the challenges in our daily lives, we lose sight of that, we stop talking and sharing. We begin to doubt the other person.

But in the end, when we take a deep breath, cast aside every problem bothering us and just spend some time together, the love remains. We just needed to get rid of the "crusts" that accumulated over the healings and the hurts... :)

This is a very nice post, and I do agree with the author of the post. Falling in love is easy. But learning to really love takes a life time. I am still learning.

Hi Warr, so it is a roller coaster marriage for you.
But it is a good ride isn't it?
For me i can't bring myself to get angry with my DH and i think the same goes for him, so there are hardly any quarrels. Sometime i think it may be unhealthy not to blurt out my frustration, but i prefer to speak when i am calm and not angry. The problem is that when i have calmed down, i do not see the need to express my frustration since it has simmered already.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Relationships