Naggy mother

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Naggy mother

Postby newuser » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:30 am

Have you ever come across that yourself as too naggy.
Lately, I realised that I am getting too naggy. Partly I have a sloppy son who is reluctant to do his homework. I don't like to use punishment and when he refused to do, I will start off trying to sit down and talk to him. But he has a bochap attitude that it will boil your temper. The next moment, before I realized it, I start my nagging kong Fu.
Please help, this is not I want to be. I am trying not be naggy by it just get worse. :?:

newuser
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Naggy mother

Postby bigsnoopy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:11 am

Yes. I got the same problem too. I have to constantly nag at DD not to be careless, stay focus, must concentrate etc.. etc.... I hear myself repeating this like many times a day.

bigsnoopy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:17 am

I think i am also a naggy mother. Sometimes a better way maybe to sit down with the child and get him to start doing his work. Once he get started, he is likely to continue till he finishes the homework. :smile:

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby newuser » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Not sure how to deal with my DS, he will not write until I nag. Slowly, this becomes a habit. Not sure it is part of been a mother characteristics. But honestly, that is not I want.

newuser
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kaka » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:06 pm

This is a mother trait lah ... think of our mother last time and you will agree? :lol:

We nag because we are worried. But surely there is another way? :slapshead: If we can practice self control, but how possible. :scratchhead: I have some routine in place and set time table, I can nag less but cannot dont nag lah, unless we dont see/hear or pretend not to see/hear :boogie: just :pray:

kaka
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby peapot » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:41 pm

yes, its true. Think all mothers are naggy. Especially when the kids develop hearing problem.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pen88n » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:01 pm

As mums, we nag because our kid:
- always do not act till we open our mouth
- always make the same mistake
- always forget what has been said / taught
- always defy / question instructions
- always take risk or "endanger" themselves (esp. when they are young)
- always forget what is their priority and only do what they want to
- always put play before work
- always do not know how to take care of themselves (however old they are)

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peapot » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Pen88n, you are spot on!!

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:43 pm

My ds just told me that it is impossible for me not to nag. If I don't nag, then something must be wrong with me and he will be worried ..... Hahaaaaa

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby newuser » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:50 am

Talking about hearing problem, my son has selective hearing problem.
When me and my dh were discussing about holiday program at one corner of the living room, my ds could hear our whole discussion clearly. The next moment, when I asked him to finish up his school assigment, he couldn't hear any single word. I he to walk to his front and then he could hear me. Hear me doesn't mean had will do it, I have to nag then he will do. Situation turns worse when my ds is in p3 this year where his workload increases.

newuser
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Relationships