Too enthusiatic brother IL! Help!

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Too enthusiatic brother IL! Help!

Postby jaemi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:16 am

Hi all,
I am troubled with this bro IL of mine. I am a mum with a 3 years old son.
He is single, smart, hadrworking, but super duper low EQ and OVER helpful over my son! I have my way of bringing up my own child but sometimes he bother too much like i shouldnt give my boy this and shd let him eat those, those are heaty those are not.
Also, He has been taking pics of my son and posting them on facebook, even those ugly one, w/o me or my hub's permission. Then happily tag us n let the whole world knows. And unknowing what happen, i will get comments like omg what happen to ur son's face?! Why is he so naughty? Recently, he posted a video of my son on facebook n youtube! This is like my limit. pics i can still marginly accept, but now video on youtube?! shouldnt he ask for our permission first before he post? I dont feel comfortable w my boy's unglam video on world wide web! Should i voice out to him? How shd i bring across? Help!

jaemi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Too enthusiatic brother IL! Help!

Postby 3Boys » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:50 am

Yikes! Start gently and say; "Eh, thanks for being a loving uncle.." BUT, "There are privacy issues so you would prefer fewer posts of pics and vids are a definite no-no" Its your family, if you feel uncomfortable you should say no.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:26 pm

open communication is the best policy. let him know your feelings and draw the lines.

remember the fact that he had most probably done it out of love for your DS, which is the common point that both of you have.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby jaemi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Thx both for the advice, so i shd let him know but which way is the best w/o hurting his feelings?
Its precisely because i know he has done it out of love, tt's why i need a best way to put it across... Reply thru facebook? Sms? Or face to face......which will be awkward! LOL.

jaemi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mummy of 2 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 pm

I think for such sensitive issue best to have face to face conversation. Jmho

mummy of 2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 3Boys » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:04 pm

jaemi wrote:Thx both for the advice, so i shd let him know but which way is the best w/o hurting his feelings?
Its precisely because i know he has done it out of love, tt's why i need a best way to put it across... Reply thru facebook? Sms? Or face to face......which will be awkward! LOL.

F2F

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:30 pm

What are your hubby's thoughts on this?
Mebbe your hubby can do the telling...
...that is if he too is uncomfortable with
what his brother is doing.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jaemi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, my hubby is fine with his brother's action. He says if i am uncomfortable with it i should let him know myself. I will tell him face to face i guess.

jaemi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby buds » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:49 am

Oh dearie me.. :hugs:
:pray: it'd turn out fine, jaemi.. :xedfingers:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:55 am

Maybe have a face to face talk with your bil. Let him know that you appreciate his taking pix of your ds but maybe he shouldn't post the embarassing pix because these pix once they're on cyberspace are there forever and may be a source of embarassment for your ds when he's older/in school etc. Also, let him know your concerns that you have friends asking what happened to your ds' face etc and that you don't want people to get the wrong idea of your son. I think if your bil is so fond your son, he won't want to do anything that might hurt your son in the long run.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Relationships