Will you treat Daughter-In-Law and Daughter Equally?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

1) Daughter-In-Law
4%
2) Daughter
67%
3) Equally
29%

Total votes : 24

Postby flyfree » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Dear all

Veri curious to know the "real" reasons..... :lol:

flyfree
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Will you treat Daughter-In-Law and Daughter Equally?

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:55 am

I will never get a chance to find out except for son-in-law. However, I can see my mum doing that to my SILs and even to my dh. My mum has humble beginnings and a simple and kind person by nature. She can love her own children and other's children and I believe I learn this from her.

If I may share from the perspective of a son-in-law, I will love them the same. Firstly, if my child can choose the guy, it must be someone worthwhile of her love and if it is someone she loves and I love her, it envelopes all. Secondly, if I can love my son-in-law as a son, I believe he will love and treat my child well. Second reason may sound like a selfish one (essentially it is the same as reason 1 but in reverse order) but it is actually the associative and commutative law combined. (a+b) + c = a + (b+c) = a + (c + b) = (a+c) + b got it? :wink:

Of course I will become MIL from hell if the son-in-law is not worthy. :rotflmao:

Postby LOLMum » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:21 am

dil? :scratchhead: dont know leh.........ds (7 now) already asked if it is okay to stay single.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:08 am

Me?.....hmmmm.....

Theoretically, should treat them the same.
Ideally, I want to treat them the same.
Realistically, as a human, I believe we are all somewhat bias and probably will still not treat both with total equality......and probably in another's eyes, no matter how equal we try to be, it is still unequal..... :scratchhead: even I am confused with what I'm trying to say :laugh:

Sometimes we can't even treat our own children equally........so I guess, keypoint is, WILL TRY :wink:

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

Will stand on the side of reason but think no matter what, will still be biased towards my own dd.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby sleepy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:33 pm

My grandma used to say '媳妇隔成肚皮' meaning daughters & daughters in law not the same

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby flyfree » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:43 pm

DIL (together with Son) help to carry on the family lifeline to next generation, Daughter doesn't do so. shouldn't we treat DIL equal or better than DD?

flyfree
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sall » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Blood is thicker than water. Mothers will not consider who bears the children to carry on the family name. Daughters are their flesh and blood. Of course, they'll treat the daughter better. Otherwise, there will not be so many mil problems.

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:54 pm

If they can be treated equally, then there would not be so many complaints against mil. :)

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:57 pm

yes...blood is thicker than water. it helps to ponder, when we get angry at our own mums and when we get angry at our MILs, who do we readily forgive first?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Relationships