2nd Honeymoon

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

2nd Honeymoon

Postby flyfree » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Anyone wanna here go for 2nd honeymoon with spouse? Is the feeling the same as the 1st time?

flyfree
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:24 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2nd Honeymoon

Postby SBKS » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:53 pm

i went and a year after our 1st honeymoon. feeling about the same. but of cos stronger feelings in the 1st. its the 1st mah.

just the 2 of you overseas...that feeling is shiok liao...

SBKS
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 5:22 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2nd Honeymoon

Postby carebear » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:36 pm

I never went on a honeymoon since I got married..... so I am still waiting. :pray:

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2nd Honeymoon

Postby 3Boys » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm

flyfree wrote:Anyone wanna here go for 2nd honeymoon with spouse? Is the feeling the same as the 1st time?


Don't think you necessarily need to 'label' it a second honeymoon. Effectively its getting away on a periodic basis with your spouse to kindle some romance isn't it? I make it a point to travel with my wife (sans kids) every one or two years. Now that we understand each other, am comfortable with each other's habits, I can only say it has gotten better and better.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: 2nd Honeymoon

Postby MrBig » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:17 pm

hmmm
would you consider it a 2nd honeymoon if the kids go along?

MrBig
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: 2nd Honeymoon

Postby 3Boys » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:49 pm

MrBig wrote:hmmm
would you consider it a 2nd honeymoon if the kids go along?


Perhaps if you had your kids along during your first honeymoon......? :wink: :siam:

A getaway is a getaway, it can be with kids, it can be without kids, the objectives are different. This term '2nd Honeymoon' is a pretty much useless label, in my view.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: 2nd Honeymoon

Postby tankee » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:02 pm

some wise person once said, the secret to a long loving relationship is to make each and everyday a honeymoon.

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 20


Re: 2nd Honeymoon

Postby carebear » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:57 am

tankee wrote:some wise person once said, the secret to a long loving relationship is to make each and everyday a honeymoon.


I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Perhaps maybe that's why I never had an official honeymoon.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2nd Honeymoon

Postby bobonana » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:18 pm

3Boys wrote:
flyfree wrote:Anyone wanna here go for 2nd honeymoon with spouse? Is the feeling the same as the 1st time?


Don't think you necessarily need to 'label' it a second honeymoon. Effectively its getting away on a periodic basis with your spouse to kindle some romance isn't it? I make it a point to travel with my wife (sans kids) every one or two years. Now that we understand each other, am comfortable with each other's habits, I can only say it has gotten better and better.



Couldnt agree less, i think honeymoon is a term which is overated and overused. IMO spending quality time with your spouse be it overseas or within singapore is a honeymoon.

Due to work commitments after my wedding in Singapore both my DW and myself have to go back to Beijing for work. We count that as our honeymoon as well. The first overseas trip after our wedding came 5 months after our wedding and it was a trip to Japan with my family. Of couse during the trip we took the chance to go out with just the 2 of us. We consider this a honeymoon too.

bobonana
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:27 pm
Total Likes: 0



Return to Relationships