Your life change after move out of In-law place?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Your life change after move out of In-law place?

Postby Beikiasu » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:11 pm

we are thinking of moving out of PIL house.do your life improve or deprove?What have changed?

Thanks
Last edited by Beikiasu on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beikiasu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Do your life change after move out of In-law place?

Postby UncleLim » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:19 pm

I guess it largely depends on your relationship with your parents-on-law. Whether your spouse has to mediate often when there are disagreements, etc. But overall I would think it makes your own family stronger.

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Your life change after move out of In-law place?

Postby bobonana » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:03 pm

I guess that depends on how far you intend to move and what is the underlying problem. Not everything can be resolve just by staying further apart. Advise you to evaluate the situation before making the huge purchase.

bobonana
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby cherrygal » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Depends whether u have kids... with kids, your life will go upside down without in-laws; without kids, you will enjoy freedom!

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby UncleLim » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Take the Nike advice: JUST DO IT !

But seriously... I think you need your own personal space. :smile:

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Blessed Homemaker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 pm

We bought over Pil's unit and they continued to stay with us. Mil did all the cooking and cleaning so basically my house is like a hotel to me. In addition, we get lots of visitors (relatives from Msia) coming over for meals and some even stay over for a few nights.

Pil stayed with us for 2 years before moving out to stay with bil to take care of their bb.

I can't wait for them to move out to have our personal space. But we struggled after their move because we need to do everything all by ourselves. I only start to appreciate Mil after their move. But then again, after so many years, I've learnt to do everything myself, from a person who can't cook/bake to someone who can cook a simple meal for the family and bake for our birthdays/festives. I guess we just grow stronger when left in a lousy situation.

Blessed Homemaker
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Lauracwj » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Yes, it will change your life for sure. For me, is to the better and really appreciate the big step that has been taken from my dh. :rahrah:

No longer being the "blame of everything". The real marriage life and parenting only begins after the moved.

It was a really terrible long wait and tough process to get out of that place.

Lauracwj
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Relationships