Do you believe in fate?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
Janet32
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Do you believe in fate?

Post by Janet32 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:29 am

To a degree, yes. I think there are paths we are predestined to walk but its up to us which ones we choose, some are right, some are wrong and its in those choices I think that we learn as we go through life.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:16

Post by cherrygal » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Yes especially when it comes to marriage and relationships. If it's yours, it's yours. No point dwelling or forcing someone to love you. Felt sad when I found out my old colleague just divorced due to EMA. She was still single when we worked together and I saw her going for dates and even attended her wedding. Sigh...

LucyL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by LucyL » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:44 am

I believe we are all here for a reason and certain things happen for a reason.

Everything is pre-written.The question is: Is everything the result of Chance in this world, or are our lives - whether we are enjoying or suffering, the results of previous actions/life?

CalvinS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by CalvinS » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 pm

I hear the story of how my parents met and came to help one another grow and succeed and it absolutely warms my heart. The way my parents build one another up and always serve as support for each other is evident to me of fate doing its best work.

chenlaoshi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:49

Post by chenlaoshi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:23 pm

“有缘千里来相会,无缘对面不相逢”; “有缘无份”
Personally think there's 'truth' in these sayings, so I vote for yes. :P

Jaranca
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Jaranca » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:43 pm

I believe that everything is in our hands and it depends only on us whether we will meet that only prince. I think that we should not specifically search for a couple for ourselves, but also not wait until they find us themselves.

jliu76746
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jliu76746 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:41 am

Who has watched Serendipity here? It's a story of fate. The guy had a love at first sight but the girl believes in destiny. When love feels like magic, it is called destiny; when destiny has a sense of humor, it is serendipity. You guys should watch this. It's kinda old but still one of my favorite movie of all time!

olive009
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by olive009 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:31 pm

i do belive, i think there is a plan for our lives, however at every crossroad we will make a descision.

Laura19
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Laura19 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:06 pm

i believe in fate but you choose your own destiny!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:324

Post by ChiefKiasu » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Laura19 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:06 pm
i believe in fate but you choose your own destiny!
I'm sorry. It doesn't compute for me. If you believe in fate it means we all have a pre destiny that we have to follow. How to choose? :?