KS Parents' Love Story

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Where did you first meet your spouse?

At school (he was pretending to study)
35%
At work (he kept finding excuses to talk to me)
34%
At home (mummy brought him home for me because she thought he was cute)
2%
During shopping (he was on sale)
2%
During holidays (he kept wanting to be my donkey to carry my things)
2%
Somewhere lor... you won't believe it even if I tell you
21%
I don't remember lah. He just appeared like that.
2%

Total votes: 123

huihui
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by huihui » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:17 pm

winth wrote:
jedamum wrote:- me noticed how handsome he was ; but me continue with my reading
- then he had to ask me about product info and i got attracted to his 'mesmorising' voice (that word was quoted from my galfriend who had spoke with him over the phone)
- me heart like 'little-deer-anyhow-run'
Wa lao, must be a great catch! Envy sia... Tall, dark, handsome type. But your story really dramatic actually. Never imagined it would things would develop with a christmas card...
schellen wrote:Got meh? Good! sashimi lamented that I don't flirt with him anymore after marriage. So this is proof that I still do.
Of cos got lar... If not, I wouldn't even notice that you guys are married to each other. Got a shock when I saw one forummer (can't remember it was you or sashimi) using :love: to another forummer (sashimi). I thought siao liao... Then when I read further, realise you guys are talking about the same girl, your DH lar...
MMM wrote:I wanted to pair him up with the single girls in the office.
Haha, usually that's what happens when you tease your male colleagues, turn out you pairing yourself up with him.
MMM wrote:his father would sit facing me and look at me from hd to toe!!!!
Hehe, I remembered you saying that too in another thread.
MLR wrote:During training, this black guy came in and introduce himself as the centre manager and started training.
Oooo, foreigner... I've always imagined myself with another guy from a different country. Even malaysian also counted. But dun have this chance.
huihui wrote:Like to share my story also

Know dear when i'm 19. I know him in May or June '02 from chatline. Then we start meeting each other and talk thru phone. Officially as his girlfriend in July'02 and ROM and Customary at the same year in Nov and Dec. Alot of frens and relatives tot i shot gun..haa!! coz too fast liao.. Had our 1st bb in 07 and 2nd in 08
Hi huihui, welcome to kiasuparents' forum. Met a guy through chat too, but never did work out leh... First thing, I was already taller than him. So, err...
Hi!! I didn't tot chat can work out wan :lol: But tink till now my parents duno where i knw my hubby wor.. wahaha :wink:

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by winth » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:48 pm

8)
Last edited by winth on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: KS Parents' Love Story

Post by sashimi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:54 pm

schellen wrote:
Our story also not a romantic one. We met in orchestra CCA in NUS. He was one year my junior since he just came out of NS. He actually noticed my cousin first since she's very tall and sat in front of him. (Him clarinet, her flute) I played percussion so I was in a corner far back. He's glad he didn't choose her in the end though he likes to pretend that he made the wrong choice from time to time. (He knows I see through his lie anyway. :lol:)
:P
schellen wrote: I can't remember why he decided to ask me to a concert with his friends (he said it's normal of him to do so to spread love of music). We started talking on the phone. He found out I had a boyfriend but eventually, I broke off with my then boyfriend. He thinks it's cos of him but....heh, it's not lah, really. I just felt that I was more comfortable with my boyfriend as a good friend or even a good bro/sis relationship so I decided to end it to prevent further pain in future.
:|
schellen wrote: This Dec will be our 11th wedding anniversary but it'll be us being together for 15 years already. Almost half my life! :!: :love:

:shock:
schellen wrote: So that's it. The end. See very boring, right?

Yes.

:roll:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:324

Post by ChiefKiasu » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Wah sashimi... man of few words... as a man, I can understand... :wink:

So far it has been KS Wives' Love Stories. What happened to the husbands?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:31

Post by jedamum » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 pm

winth wrote: Wa lao, must be a great catch! Envy sia... Tall, dark, handsome type. But your story really dramatic actually. Never imagined it would things would develop with a christmas card...
tall...not actually...just that i am not tall myself :P
dark...far from it.....as fair as a white chicken :P
charismatic...maybe yes... :wink: the voice too. or is it my expectations are pretty low consider he's my first bf :wink:
yes..christmas card...it was a cheap one (60cents); he said didn't want to invest too much on me :P the pen he used to wrote on the card he also borrowed from me! :P
winth wrote: not the dashing type (like jedamum's), but decent looking. Plus me 200 degree myopia, so usually I don't even look around.
dashing type...also have its fair share of headache....always attract bees... :P
winth wrote: As 'brother and sister', we were quite close together,
that's one of the reason why i never consent to such 'relationship'.....it's no wonder my husband said i 'pull out all the roots when cutting the grass' to avoid 'it from growing under the spring wind' :wink:
ChiefKiasu wrote: So far it has been KS Wives' Love Stories. What happened to the husbands?
Chief...you should start the ball rolling....or is it that husbands usually don't feel comfortable re-telling the mushy times...days when they dont think twice penning down their thoughts on love letters which the wives held them at ransom now. :wink:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:324

Post by ChiefKiasu » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:41 pm

jedamum wrote:...
Chief...you should start the ball rolling....or is it that husbands usually don't feel comfortable re-telling the mushy times...days when they dont think twice penning down their thoughts on love letters which the wives held them at ransom now. :wink:
Ah... let me leave my story for a more monotonous day... in the meantime, here's a lovely note from jenniferjoey to her husband on Valentine's day this year that you may have all missed.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by winth » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:21 pm

jedamum wrote:that's one of the reason why i never consent to such 'relationship'.....it's no wonder my husband said i 'pull out all the roots when cutting the grass' to avoid 'it from growing under the spring wind'
Your English translation is really powDerful.
ChiefKiasu wrote:Ah... let me leave my story for a more monotonous day
Aiya, disappointed. Was expecting your essay-type confession of love for your wife.
ChiefKiasu wrote:Wah sashimi... man of few words... as a man, I can understand...

So far it has been KS Wives' Love Stories. What happened to the husbands?
Didn't realise it's all ladies' contributions here. Any husbands care to share?

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by MLR » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Chief, why don't you start the ball rolling..... we are all waiting.... :celebrate:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by schellen » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:07 pm

jedamum wrote:
schellen wrote: and exchanged letters.
ooo....love letters..... :wink:

now..waiting for sashimi's point of story...heehee..in case you try to conceal anything :wink:
Got lah. :lol:

He always says that I tricked him into marriage. He said that I look innocent and "docile"(?) and goody-goody :please: which I still do cos every time we walk past insurance agents and financial planners, they all target me and stay far, far away from him. Well, little do they know that I'm not a tiger for nothing. (Chief, I need an evil snicker or devil emoticon here leh.)

He says my cover is sweet-sweet kind but inside is the opposite. Well, I thought he should already know mah, since his mom is also a tiger. :wink:

As for him, I also say he tricked me. Before marriage, he was the nice-nice, accepting type. After marriage, he suddenly became the set-standards-until-way-above-his-eyebrows type.

Before you think that we always argue due to this, this "you-tricked-me thing" is actually something of an inside joke between us lah. We like to drag it out from the deep, dark depths when we try to outdo each other during our silly squabbles. Of course, our DD thinks we are nuts. Maybe that's why she's equally siao and one of my nicks for her is siao charbor. :wink:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:86

Post by buds » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:07 am

Heyya,

Who did up the poll yah? So cute.. :wink:
winth wrote:Hi, to tell you the truth, this is the first ever forum I've visited almost daily. And after exchanging views with caring and kiasu parents here, it is very interesting to notice some 'die-hard' fans here too.
Ya lah, me too. Know why?
You lah, winth!! Always come up with all these sensational topics
to begin with! Make people hands itchy to post to your no holds
barred issues.

I loike!! :celebrate:
winth wrote:In order to get to know each other better, how about sharing your romance story about your spouse? It'll be fun to know how you guys met and finally forming your very own family.
Huh? You don't know me better oredi meh? Haiyah, niwae mine got no
romance one. Not sensationally dramatic like jedamum. But i can spice it
up to make you happy lah. :lol: :lol: :lol: Nuh-uh... if you know ME
better by now, i cannot stand watching interesting threads go tame. So, i
tell you first lah... my ever-effusive nature ( as Chief always puts it ) will
never allow me-self to describe this hate-love-hate story in point forms.
Why not just wait for my book? I'll sign for you upon launching... Kakakah!
winth wrote:I've noticed jedamum keeps saying how she makes her husband 'notice' her in order to grow her 'clan'...
Yah lor! I notice too but dowan to say lah... must respect the Master.
But winth, since you start first... i oso add on to your spice. :wink:
Firstly, jedamum must be one beauty, sista! Must be a helluva Santarina!
I'm imagining her in red boots with fluffy white trimmings revealing a bit
of leg ( thigh and knee area )... then, short red sexy skirt... body hugging
top, long sleeved of course ( Christmas belly cold leh ... )... and again with
fluffy white trimmings... and lastly a pixie-fiona-xie face topped with a lil
red hat clipped to long luscious ( with volume one hor ) hair... i'm thinkin
either black or brunette here..

She doesn't need to make her presence obviously known cos the MAN
saw her liao, only pretend never see.. When Santa came with his low
and mesmerizing ho-ho-ho-ing with 60cents Christmas card which is
( now priceless! ), Santarina went head-over-chimney in trance and
in the darkness of the chimney 4 Christmases over, they managed to
churn 2 Santa-roos!

Image or Image

winth wrote:...and how sashimi and schellen can even 'flirt' on public forum. ...
Nothing escapes your eye, huh? :evil:
But moi noticed that too.. lovey-dovey dis one. :love:
Now you scared the fish and made him tongue tied liao. No fun! :P
For a fish who usually has lots to say, hmmm... he's using emoticons
to filter his way through, huh.. but reading schellen's side of it, the story
quite straight forward. Very easy to answer comprehension questions..
winth wrote:...And the all-famous buds, what's your love story?.
Now..... when did this happen? :| I'm singled out. No fair! :P
Not famous for the wrong things i hope... :roll:
Haiz... must maintain low profile liao. :siam:
Starting from now.
winth wrote:...It'll be interesting too to hear about chiefKS' love story.
Winth, he'll just take from one story he concocted from his creative
writing exercises... He'll use this thread to expand his vocab and play
with your mind. :evil:
winth wrote:...Let's not forget our very helpful mincy and all the nice nice forummers here. It's funny but very precious to know such wonderful people around.
Ok, winth... Got poll for you to do here.
Funny here means...
1.You are funny! ___
2.You think it's funny! ___
3.You think we're funny! ___
4.You think it's funny, that we're funny? ___
5.It seems funny to you... that it feels precious you
have us to turn to, at the end of every boring work day? ___
winth wrote:...DH and I have always wondered if our love encounter is one of the most boring and 老掉牙type. But after marrying each other for 8 years, we still talk about our romance and how we first met. Still funny when we talk about it. Guess that's how we keep the love alive - talking about the sweet things that mattered most.
Since i don't have the romancing part, (read : don't have) Wuakakaaah!
....... mebbe you should have another thread on how to keep the love
alive! Or change love to passion! Love oni, no passion.... nuh-uh...
( shaking head ) not enough... :wink:

Ok lah, roger-over and outta here! :sweat: :siam: