Making Friends

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Making Friends

Postby Bakugan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi there

I found that as I grow older, it is harder for me to make friends.
Even though I have never stopped working, I have found that it takes greater effort, mentally and physically, to strike a conversation to make new friends.

Looking at my kids, I really missed those times when it was "so easy"...

:imdrowning:

Bakugan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Making Friends

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:47 pm

For me still easy becos I always carry my bb. She helps me to "attract" frens :rotflmao:

When I was a child, making frens was tough for me but for my DD1. it's like so easy. I don't know how she does it :lol:

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherrygal » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:25 pm

DS has a talent for making frens everywhere he goes. That's good news coz I can easily pull him out from enrichment centres and make him go to new ones. This morning he joined a holiday camp and came home telling me he made tons of new friends. I guess being jovial and keeping a smile on the face helps.

My ex colleagues tell me I blend into new environments easily too as people just like to talk to me thinking I am a friendly and cheerful person. I smile a lot and laugh a lot too.

I guess we don't usually make the kind of friends we made in school now coz we are more aware of hypocritical people who may just want to make use of us. This puts us on our guard and that's why we find it hard to make new friends. I know of some pple who deliberately put on a black face to ward off "extra" work or scare away nasty pple at the office. As for me, I think being assertive at work is good enough. Dun try to look nasty when you are not, as it drains you personally.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Bakugan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Yeah! Kids are great cz they don't think so much.
They are taught to ask for each others' names first and then play together :) I'm still using these "openers", which works great. Thus I move from company to company and I'm always blessed with great friends along the way.

But I think the responsibilities of our lives "weigh" us down so much that we don't have the time and energy to "further" the good relationships that we have along the way :) :snuggles:

Bakugan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby carebear » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Bakugan, if you can't have real life friends, then have cyber friends, like over here. It is less trouble some with cyber friends, and can be equally fun! Cyber friends can be very informative too!

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Bakugan » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:47 pm

carebear wrote:Bakugan, if you can't have real life friends, then have cyber friends, like over here. It is less trouble some with cyber friends, and can be equally fun! Cyber friends can be very informative too!

Thanks for the encouragement carebear.
You're right that friends come in many different forms.
It's important that we're sincere and helpful with friends :)

:grphug:

Bakugan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Kevin Fernandos » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:10 pm

When I was a child, I feel very difficult to make friends but as I grow older I found that, it is easy for me to make friends.
Even though, I have found that it takes less effort, mentally and physically, to strike a conversation with new people. My friends tell me I mix up into the new environment easily, people like to talk to me as I am a friendly and joyful person.
:imcool: :boogie:
Aside from real friends, we can also talk with cyber/virtual friends, as we do over here. They are good and sincere and we have equal fun with them. They also suggest us in all matters.

Kevin Fernandos
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Steven18 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Bakugan wrote:Hi there

I found that as I grow older, it is harder for me to make friends.
Even though I have never stopped working, I have found that it takes greater effort, mentally and physically, to strike a conversation to make new friends.

Looking at my kids, I really missed those times when it was "so easy"...

:imdrowning:

Hmm I would say that it is true, as the time goes with, we found it more difficult to make a friend.

I remember on my highschool, i hang out with a lot of friends and i still keep in touch with them until now. My kids are like that right now, and how jealous i am... :pray:

Steven18
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MeiZi » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:07 am

Its the first step one needs to make. You (or we) need to step out. I broaden my circle of friends by joining different groups of people in my life ... I have one group who share the same hobby as me (knew them from CCs) and another via forum :smile:

MeiZi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ImMeeMee » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:23 am

Bakugan wrote:Yeah! Kids are great cz they don't think so much.
They are taught to ask for each others' names first and then play together :) I'm still using these "openers", which works great. Thus I move from company to company and I'm always blessed with great friends along the way.

But I think the responsibilities of our lives "weigh" us down so much that we don't have the time and energy to "further" the good relationships that we have along the way :) :snuggles:

I agree, so weighed down that there is no time and energy left to nurture friendships or hobbies.

I think I will get hit hard next time with the empty nest syndrome.

:sad:

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Relationships