Where to seek Marital Help

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
EASON MAGPIES
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Where to seek Marital Help

Post by EASON MAGPIES » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Anyone have any experiences to share about marriage counselling. I don't mean pre-marriage counselling. I mean after years of marriage and you have problems,did you seek help and where and what is your experience?

I am married for about 6 years and my daughter is 3.5 years old. We are now having increasing arguments about almost everything.

In the past, I was the one who always initiate conflict resolution and usually she will listen and we both would try to accommodate. Nowadays that no longer works as most of the time she will become very defensive,rebut all the points I made and most of the time there is no resolution.

I am not sure if it is time to seek help, she is not too keen but I feel things are just getting from bad to worse. If not for our DD, we might have already divorce.

I am trying to find a therapy center to go to but am not sure which one to go, if anywhere can even help.

We did have pre marriage counselling on my suggestion at Care corner at Tiong Bahru before marriage. It was a short one, 5-6 session and on reflection, perhaps it was not so helpful.

So again anyone wants to share their experiences with marriage counselling or therapy?

JohnYeo
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by JohnYeo » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear about what you are going through.

You can call Counselling and Care Centre.

http://www.counsel.org.sg/

Call their admin and they will book an appointment for you.

This is a paid counselling service. =)

Hope this helps.

John

chixchix
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by chixchix » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:49 pm

See, i find that by going to Marriage advisors they can help us but only to a certain extent, ultimately its the couple who must make it happen.

Sit in a quiet spot, both of you make a list of pointers what is it that you don't like in the other party and what is it that you need to see improve.

Once done, tell each other that you are not going to yell,lose patience, it will be a time for both of you to come to a compromise.

See if that works, I am sure there must be something that she is obviously not happy about thats why she is behaving like that.. Divorce will only leave you guys bitter and miserable.

Do try and see if that works but for that both parties must be willing to want to do it ,

September_21
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by September_21 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:21 pm

[quote="EASON MAGPIES"]Anyone have any experiences to share about marriage counselling. I don't mean pre-marriage counselling. I mean after years of marriage and you have problems,did you seek help and where and what is your experience?

I am married for about 6 years and my daughter is 3.5 years old. We are now having increasing arguments about almost everything.

In the past, I was the one who always initiate conflict resolution and usually she will listen and we both would try to accommodate. Nowadays that no longer works as most of the time she will become very defensive,rebut all the points I made and most of the time there is no resolution.

I am not sure if it is time to seek help, she is not too keen but I feel things are just getting from bad to worse. If not for our DD, we might have already divorce.

I am trying to find a therapy center to go to but am not sure which one to go, if anywhere can even help.

We did have pre marriage counselling on my suggestion at Care corner at Tiong Bahru before marriage. It was a short one, 5-6 session and on reflection, perhaps it was not so helpful.

So again anyone wants to share their experiences with marriage counselling or therapy?[/quote]

Try reading the 5 love languages by Dr Gary Chapman

sacredsagesg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by sacredsagesg » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:27 pm

lookif past arguments has created huge negative energy thus resulting in both wanting to quarel with each other.

rachels1982
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rachels1982 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Following...sound advice.

Seafood_daddy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Seafood_daddy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:38 am

sorry to hear that.

charmander
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by charmander » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:00 am

So sorry. But chance of he seeing someone very high.

siling
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by siling » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:44 pm

can you check with nearby community centre got counselling service?

joshefmaria
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by joshefmaria » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:23 am

Very nice post and all list are great

thank u so much

cheers