Places to go as a family

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Places to go as a family

Postby gladyschan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Hello.. seeking for some ideas on where to go for a family day out from fellow parents here :)

Just planning to stay in Singapore (no sentosa/kusu island/pulau ubin etc), but don't want to go to shopping centres. I heard about macritchie and punggol parks being very fun, but I really have no stamina to walk long distances.

Where are some good places to hang out as a family? My kids are in their teens/twenties.

gladyschan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Places to go as a family

Postby 3Boys » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:51 pm

gladyschan wrote:Hello.. seeking for some ideas on where to go for a family day out from fellow parents here :)

Just planning to stay in Singapore (no sentosa/kusu island/pulau ubin etc), but don't want to go to shopping centres. I heard about macritchie and punggol parks being very fun, but I really have no stamina to walk long distances.

Where are some good places to hang out as a family? My kids are in their teens/twenties.

Go fly kites? (Literally) :wink:

West Coast park, Marina Barrage? Although as teenagers I'm not sure how interested they would be in that.

When I was in my early 20s and still living with my parents, we went together to Karaoke a lot....

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby heyhoe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:45 pm

My kids enjoy Punggol Park. Just take Bus 84 and can take a stroll down. It's quite breezy if you go in the late evening.

Alternatively, we went and watch Basketball match at Indoor stadium by Singapore Slingers :)

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Jimm1978 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:57 pm

I suggest the 'durian' aka the esplanade. It's got a/c. There's always something happening there, in addition to the plays, shows etc you can catch with the family. After that there are plenty of makan options. :imcool:

Jimm1978
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sparks » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:30 pm

stroll along the esplanade/marina bay area on weekends (I love the vibe there) or take a bumboat ride at clarke quay?

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby susancollins » Wed May 16, 2012 1:49 pm

You can go to kerala state. It is a nice tourist place to visit.

susancollins
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kooky83 » Fri May 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Go for something different like playing bowling? I think it will be fun too!

kooky83
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Precious2.lee » Fri May 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Try Botanic Garden. They have programmes and workshops for K1 to P6.
http://www.sbg.org.sg

Precious2.lee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby fable » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Museums? For the month of August, entry to museums is free. Forest Adventure is quite a fun thing to do as a family too. There are often events on at the Esplanade, some of which are free. Or explore different districts: Toa Payoh, Changi, Woodlands, Tiong Bahru - they all have different characters and interesting things to see if you pay attention.

fable
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mumzmummy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:56 am

fable wrote:Museums? For the month of August, entry to museums is free. Forest Adventure is quite a fun thing to do as a family too. There are often events on at the Esplanade, some of which are free. Or explore different districts: Toa Payoh, Changi, Woodlands, Tiong Bahru - they all have different characters and interesting things to see if you pay attention.

would that be for all museums?

mumzmummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Relationships