Should i let my kids know their father is remarrying?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Should i let my kids know their father is remarrying?

Postby Pris.tang » Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 pm

As above i just found out about 10mins ago they are getting married next week from my network of friends on facebook.

I do not know if i should tell the children or wait till exam period is over? DD will not bother because she does not want to acknowledge her father but i am very worried for ds being the closer of 2 to the dad.

I have not even told my dh what i discover in case he is going to nag non stop at me again.

Seeing them get married taking wedding photos and what not made me think back when we tied the knot he did not even give me anything and yet she gets everything yes i got the perfect hubby now but it still hurts some what.

My divorce was horrible mainly because the 3rd party is my own ex bro wife so i do not know how to tell my son ur daddy new wife is ur xiao jui mu haiz really wonder what i should do now?? :slapshead: :slapshead:

Pris.tang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Should i let my kids know their father is remarrying?

Postby LOLMum » Wed May 09, 2012 12:18 am

You have a good husband now cherish it.

Relationship is funny. Two persons, be it in love or whatsoever, married but they are just not the right halves meant to join together to form a whole.

You have found your right half and your ex? No one knows.

Let go of the past....how your ex treated you and his current one (mistress) is no longer your concern.

Tell your children about his new marriage. But I don't think you should tell them too much details about your broken marriage. They are too young and You never know how it would affect them. Don't get kids involved in adults' matters. Oh tell them after exam please.

As long as the father is treating them well, let it be. Let your kids decide what type of relationship they want with him.

Should there be a strained relationship, and I believe you have custody of kids, you can request for him to have limited access to them.

A bad husband doesn't necessarily mean a bad son, a bad brother, a bad friend or a bad father.

God bless you and family.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pris.tang » Wed May 09, 2012 12:34 am

LOLMum wrote:You have a good husband now cherish it.

Relationship is funny. Two persons, be it in love or whatsoever, married but they are just not the right halves meant to join together to form a whole.

Let go of the past....how your ex treated you and his current one (mistress) is no longer your concern.

Tell your children about his new marriage. But I don't think you should tell them too much details about your broken marriage. They are too young and You never know how it would affect them. Don't get kids involved in adults' matters. Oh tell them after exam please.

As long as the father is treating them well, let it be. Let your kids decide what type of relationship they want with him.

Should there be a strained relationship, and I believe you have custody of kids, you can request for him to have limited access to them.

A bad husband doesn't necessarily mean a bad son, a bad brother, a bad friend or a bad father.

LOLMum my older one sort of know alot thanks to my ex parents who tried ways and means to get him on their side.

Yeah will tell him after the exams. He is a BAD father to the kids cause he does not bother at all about the kids Bad brother as u see who is he marrying now his own brother wifes, He is a Bad friend because this slut was also once together with a close friend.

he does not see the kids nor spend a cent on them since the day he walk out on the family since 2007.

Yeah i got joint custody BUT he has no acess nor control over the kids. Do u know if like this do i still need his permission to change the kids name.

yes and my dh is wonderful he has help me walk out of the dark past to see the sunlight.

Pris.tang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby LOLMum » Wed May 09, 2012 12:42 am

My bad abt bad husband doesn't ............
:oops:

Change surname, I think need to check with relevant authorities, is it ica at lavender?

I think only 21 yrs and above then need not seek approval from parents.

Getting out of a bad relationship takes a lot of courage and you have done that. :rahrah:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pris.tang » Wed May 09, 2012 12:53 am

LOLMum u know what really lead to to that decision is when that ah siao slash himself to prove to the brother he really loves the slut, the blood that flow from his hands is the feelings i have for him that flowed out from my heart. From that day on i told myself da bu zhi de is time to walk out.

I had wonderful support from my family especially my daddy because my mum passed away when i was 12 so my daddy has always been the protector i told him about what happen he told me baby let go and move on, i can support u and the kids how much u need for the divorce tell me i pay,he hired the best lawyer in terms of no access and control for him we gave up the rights for maintenance and he cannot claim anything at all from the sale of our flat.

Nah u din know how wicked he was haha so cannot blame you for the bad quotes u said. And thanks for talking it out with me i feel all better already just now i was actually abt to cry haha

Pris.tang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby fightingmom » Wed May 09, 2012 12:55 am

LOLMum wrote:You have a good husband now cherish it.

:goodpost: LOLMum!

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Wed May 09, 2012 1:14 am

Pris.tang wrote:LOLMum u know what really lead to to that decision is when that ah siao slash himself to prove to the brother he really loves the slut, the blood that flow from his hands is the feelings i have for him that flowed out from my heart. From that day on i told myself da bu zhi de is time to walk out.

I had wonderful support from my family especially my daddy because my mum passed away when i was 12 so my daddy has always been the protector i told him about what happen he told me baby let go and move on, i can support u and the kids how much u need for the divorce tell me i pay,he hired the best lawyer in terms of no access and control for him we gave up the rights for maintenance and he cannot claim anything at all from the sale of our flat.

Nah u din know how wicked he was haha so cannot blame you for the bad quotes u said. And thanks for talking it out with me i feel all better already just now i was actually abt to cry haha

Hssssssssst....I hope your kids weren't there to witness it. If he did that in front of the kids, he is really :rant: .

Don't cry, fightingmom and buds still awake, let's go kajiao them in their house....kphehehe.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pris.tang » Wed May 09, 2012 1:18 am

LOLMum wrote:
Hssssssssst....I hope your kids weren't there to witness it. If he did that in front of the kids, he is really :rant: .

Don't cry, fightingmom and buds still awake, let's go kajiao them in their house....kphehehe.

DS has seen worst, nah my mood now is better,anyway i just pm u.

Pris.tang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby fightingmom » Wed May 09, 2012 1:21 am

LOLMum wrote:
Pris.tang wrote:LOLMum u know what really lead to to that decision is when that ah siao slash himself to prove to the brother he really loves the slut, the blood that flow from his hands is the feelings i have for him that flowed out from my heart. From that day on i told myself da bu zhi de is time to walk out.

Yeah ... come to our "house" and have fun :smile:

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Canvas » Wed May 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Pris.tang: You can change the children's surname/name if you have the Court's order about you being the sole caregiver and has sole custody. Make an appointment with any law firm and have all the documents ready.

As for your ex remarrying, well good for him and that xiao jiu mu (can get more complicated than that or not?) As long as you are happier and living better than before, look forward and enjoy your good marriage with your dear DH and children. Jiayou!

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Relationships