Bedroom Issue

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Bedroom Issue

Postby Rena06 » Tue May 15, 2012 3:13 am

I have been married for 8 years.For the past 1 year, my hubby have been avoiding being intimate with me.When I question him about sex, he will always mention that marriage is not all about sex. Couple do not need to have sex to enjoy a happy marriage. :snuggles: :hugs:

He will always try to make me feel bad :siao: or to look like I'm a sex addict whenever I tried to be intimate with him. Sometimes, I wonder if my hubby is a gay. I will always secretly check his hp and I could not find any evidance of him having a martial affair with another woman. I did everything I could to be attrative in his eyes but my hubby will totaly ignore me. When we go out and other men look at me, he will get annoyed. Why is it other men find me attractive but not my husband?

I'm 33 working mum and hubby 41.We are staying on our own so I don't see the reason of him being uncomfortable.

1. Is it normal for a married couple not to have any physical contact for 1 year.

2. Can I be lable as a sex addict for wanting to make love to my own hubby. The last time we did it was more than a year ago

3. When hubby do not find you attractive anymore, does this mean the end of your marriage?
:?:

Rena06
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Bedroom Issue

Postby cherrygal » Tue May 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Could he be having Erectile Dysfunction? Some men with this condition avoid sex and also refuse to see the doctor.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Tue May 15, 2012 8:04 pm

cherrygal wrote:Could he be having Erectile Dysfunction? Some men with this condition avoid sex and also refuse to see the doctor.

Think possible.....many man are too proud to admit or simply self-denial or hope that it's just a passing phase and hence, choose to wait.......

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherrygal » Tue May 15, 2012 8:15 pm

The only way is to have a heart to heart talk with him. Gently broach the topic of ED and assure him you will never think any lesser of him. ED can be treated with medication.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Wed May 16, 2012 9:41 am

Why not seduce/tease him in the middle of the night while he's asleep...sure got natural reaction one what!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby erista » Wed May 16, 2012 10:23 am

cherrygal wrote:The only way is to have a heart to heart talk with him. Gently broach the topic of ED and assure him you will never think any lesser of him. ED can be treated with medication.

I agree on the h2h talk, but don't jump the gun & assume he has ED.
Find a good time to just cuddle up with each other & talk... Must be very sensitive in broaching the topic of not being intimate for so long.

erista
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby pacetone » Wed May 16, 2012 11:48 am

erista wrote:I agree on the h2h talk, but don't jump the gun & assume he has ED. Find a good time to just cuddle up with each other & talk... Must be very sensitive in broaching the topic of not being intimate for so long.

I agree, have a good talk and don't conclude that he has ED. Could be some other reasons.

pacetone
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Canvas » Wed May 16, 2012 11:52 am

Age also plays a part. My DH is also 41 and he is definitely not as "active" as say, 5 years ago. There can be many reasons, parenting responsibilities (for example, our kids sleep with us. Sigh.), work stress, age, health etc.

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cherrygal » Wed May 16, 2012 4:38 pm

erista wrote:
cherrygal wrote:The only way is to have a heart to heart talk with him. Gently broach the topic of ED and assure him you will never think any lesser of him. ED can be treated with medication.

I agree on the h2h talk, but don't jump the gun & assume he has ED.
Find a good time to just cuddle up with each other & talk... Must be very sensitive in broaching the topic of not being intimate for so long.

Yah, you must first find out his reasons for not wanting to be intimate. If no proper reason given, then you could mention you can help him if it's health related. If he acts blur, then gently ask if there's anything you could do. Tell him it's not normal for a married couple to abstain for more than a year. There must be a reason. Age is one thing but even if he were dat tired, he would agree to once in 2 months bah...

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherrygal » Wed May 16, 2012 4:42 pm

BTW, do tell him to go for a medical check up if possible. Not for ED but for other health issues such as diabetes, high blood etc. Diabetes can lead to ED actually. An uncle had that.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Relationships