Birthday gift idea for hubby

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:27 pm

ZacK wrote:
buds wrote:How bout' a vibrator?
:lol:

Is this for you or hubs??!! :| :P

I was confused by the suggestion too... then I thought :idea: ...maybe giving him a break during his birthday? :shock: Buds must be overworking him... :lol:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by ZacK » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:30 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:I can think of hundreds of non-saucy things I want... a 16gb iPhone, a Sanyo XACTI HD2000 video camera, a cool UMID palmtop computer that runs Win XP, blah blah. And only the iPhone vibrates. Does that count?

I can relate with that... I wouldnt mind retiring my old gadgets for the newer/newest ones :D

kiakia wrote:It's something that you'd probably need to put in some effort to search and collect, and compile. You know, guys are generally not into keeping the photos or at least if we do, we don't compile them nicely. Sorry, if it sounds uncool.. :oops:

I kinda of dump all my digital files into my photo album of my computer... Every now and then, would browse thru again to "recapture" some of the moments :celebrate:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Birthday gift idea for hubby

Post by ZacK » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:34 pm

MMM wrote:Hi,

My hubby's bd is round the corner and he is the type who feels that he has everything and he don't need anything....

Looking at him, it appears to be true. He definitely don't need accessories (watch, wallet, belt, shoes, clothes, etc....). He already got his Wii and PSP. What else??? :?

Hoping to get some ideas (particularly from Men's POV) on what to buy for him that will be a pleasant surprise.

For the man who feels he has everything... What has he been griping about lately? Is it work? House work? etc??

If complaint is due to work... Perhaps find out when he is able to getaway and plan a trip out together... To take his mind off work.

If complaint due to home related routines... Why he has to wash this or take care of that or bring kids out for enrichment classes etc? Perhaps you may wanna consider a day off for him to do whatever he wants? You could suggest that since it's his BD, you'll take care of the kids routine while he go bump around whatever he feels like doing ? Of cos this is on top of whatever BD celeb u have for him lar :P

:wink:

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Thanks to all who responded.

Well.... we are actually gg for a drive to Msia BUT with the kids this friday and back on next monday. This monday is his BD.

For housewk, the maid is there so he never have complaints about this.

I just ordered a cake to be delivered to our house since I probably won't have time to pick up a cake on the actual day.

I agree that I was probably thinking on the material aspect of a gift.... Well, the redemption voucher sounds interesting.... but wondering at the side effect... No voucher = no redemption. You need to wait for the next year. :tongue:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by ZacK » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:04 pm

ks2me wrote:
ZacK wrote:

I was confused by the suggestion too... then I thought :idea: ...maybe giving him a break during his birthday? :shock: Buds must be overworking him... :lol:

A break from weak knees syndrome ah?? :wink:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by ZacK » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:06 pm

MMM wrote:Thanks to all who responded.

Well.... we are actually gg for a drive to Msia BUT with the kids this friday and back on next monday. This monday is his BD.

For housewk, the maid is there so he never have complaints about this.

I just ordered a cake to be delivered to our house since I probably won't have time to pick up a cake on the actual day.

I agree that I was probably thinking on the material aspect of a gift.... Well, the redemption voucher sounds interesting.... but wondering at the side effect... No voucher = no redemption. You need to wait for the next year. :tongue:

Yeap agree that sometimes it does not have to be material in nature or anything expensive... Just giving all your time to hubs on his BD would work as well, at least for me... Cos with the kids... All the attention goes to them first :cry:

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by MLR » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:37 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Wait... It thought this is supposed for HIS birthday, not HER birthday?

The idea of the voucher is like a IOU, that she can make and give to him. When he thinks of something he wants, then he present the voucher to her with what he wants written on it and she has to get it or do it for him. :D Of course I trust that her hubs would be reasonable lah. One of my girlfriend's hub redeem it for the freedom to watch World Cup w/o any protest from her.... :celebrate:

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by winth » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi,

I actually ordered a bouquet (sorta like flowers in a nice apple shaped vase from Noel's) to be sent to my husband's office on his birthday.

It went something there, Happy Birthday to XXX ~ Luv, Secret Admirer

That started all the gossips from all the women from the ops and admin dept. But he saw through it straightaway that it's from me though... no fun! It was a very pleasant surprise for him.

Oh, only mistake I made, I requested it to be sent to his office before noon, end up, they sent it during noon - lunch hour when he went out to meet me for lunch. So, the surprise element wasn't fully felt.

buds hubs
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

sex no enough

Post by buds hubs » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:54 pm

ZacK wrote:
ks2me wrote:
ZacK wrote:

A break from weak knees syndrome ah?? :wink:

Hahaha!! ZacK.. Very Funny... Durgh!!

Weak knee syndrome are for the weak.. :P

I must say that after completing the marathon..my knees were pretty weak but it was not due to excessive SEX.... :evil: :evil: in fact.. "IT" did happen after the marathon but not at the hotel. :lol: :lol:

Thankfully I don't suffer from such syndrome.. :celebrate:

ks2me... Buds is not overworking me.. I would say that I support the idea of getting the vibrator.. Its kinda kinky... A new toy for me to play with and both sides would benefit.... Heheheee. :wink:

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by EN » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Well, I am not a man but dh has the same problem as you are facing. He dont know what to buy for my birthday as most of the things I already own them. So everytime my birthday approaches, he will be :? :lol:

For a person who are not into materialistic things (cause we can afford to buy on our own), the best things to give as a birthday present is to think what your husband likes and wants.

For eg, I like massage but I dont like to go to spa, dh spent an hour giving me home spa. He bought me the latest ipod touch (which I can buy on my own) but he puts his effort in downloading songs that I like. Finding the type of songs and downloading is something I appreciate because I simply has not time and patience for it. It is also a test to see how much he knows my taste of music. Lastly, I simply gets too tired of the same old cake from the bakery. It's the same old thing. Either buy from chain bakeries or from hotel, it's still just a cake. So this year, he dragged me along to see how he and the kids struggles to decorate my birthday cake at the Icing Cake Shop in Jurong Point. Their blank faces, thinking for ideas on how to decorate and finally the cake decoration, makes me really enjoy eating the birthday cake. The process of decorating the cakes is filled with laughter and again it's not the money poured in but the effort he puts.

So, simply thinks what your dh likes and not able to do it yet and work from the idea.