ME TIME!

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: ME TIME!

Post by Huiwen86 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:10 am

janet88 wrote:
Huiwen86 wrote:
janet88 wrote:ladies,
let me ask you something.
hubby had a retina detachment in his right eye. so when he goes for medical review, the doctor checks only that eye. does it make sense? shouldn't the doctor check the condition of the other eye as well? :?
How did his eye condition come about?

Due to age?Maybe I should get DH to go for check too.
high myopia. retina stretched to the max.
which is why i have to pay more attention to the kids now.
Maybe I should also pay more attention to my girls too because they are using their smartphones often too.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Post by ammonite » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:12 am

janet88 wrote:his other eye had retina detachment 6 years ago.
it is mentioned in his file. shouldn't the doctor do a quick check on the other eye to see if there are any tears?
That really depends on the doctor, but like I say, you can always raise the issue to him.

And doesn't your DH go for regular checks for that eye? My ds has follow up checks every six months for his vision issues and he did not even have an operation.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by starlight1968sg » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:23 am

Janet
I had my cataract surgery on left eye. During the last 2 reviews, the doc just checked on it. I asked about the eye pressure of my right eye, he said since I hv no glaucoma symptoms, it is not necessary to check! I was :yikes:

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by ammonite » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:25 am

starlight1968sg wrote:Janet
I had my cataract surgery on left eye. During the last 2 reviews, the doc just checked on it. I asked about the eye pressure of my right eye, he said since I hv no glaucoma symptoms, it is not necessary to check! I was :yikes:
If you want to do a complete check, you can specify it when you make your appointment. A complete check can take quite a long time.

Or of course, you can insist. Just be very clear what you want from them.

Yngmng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Yngmng » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:34 pm

My mum is here to help me take care of DD2. So, it's me time!

DD1 went out for lunch on her own.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by ammonite » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:45 pm

Ds1 out too. Finished cl revision with ds2, taking him out for lunch. He is so engrossed in his book it is almost me-time for now, lol.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:334

Post by Funz » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Went to my office for a few hours to clear some work.

Brought DS out for lunch and just got home. He is now in his room doing his work. DD is out.

It is me time now. Super hot today. Feeling drowsy. Yesterday's weather was nice.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Huiwen86 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Mom is doing the cooking nowadays cos DH just came back and totally KOed on the bed.

Just completed an 2 hour revision on Chinese for both girls.Sent both of them down to the coffeeshop with some money for lunch leaving me alone with DH who is snoring away in the bedroom.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:121

Post by lee_yl » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Brought the two girls out for early brunch & just got back. When we reached Subway, DD1 changed her mind & wanted a bowl of hot noodle soup as she is having a sore throat, so we went to the foodcourt.

At the foodcourt, DD2 got mad and insisted she wanted to have Subway which I promised them last night before she slept which she was really looking forward! Gave up.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Huiwen86 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:40 pm

lee_yl wrote:Brought the two girls out for early brunch & just got back. When we reached Subway, DD1 changed her mind & wanted a bowl of hot noodle soup as she is having a sore throat, so we went to the foodcourt.

At the foodcourt, DD2 got mad and insisted she wanted to have Subway which I promised them last night before she slept which she was really looking forward! Gave up.
Haha.Whatever my DH cooks,both girls have to eat or they won't have anything to eat.

Of course,he cooks what is suitable for everyone.

Started with P4 topics for Chinese and the girls are giving me decent results because they were quite attentive and made effort to learn.