ME TIME!

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Re: ME TIME!

Post by ImMeeMee » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:41 pm

I am in the high risk group. Highly myopic, with lazy eye on the left, and past 40.

I worry about retinal detachment and glaucoma, especially since I strain with my right eye to compensate for the left. And what with presbyopia now. At times I get headache at the base of my head on the right side and it makes me wonder if I am over straining. Since last year I have been seeing a ophthalmologist for screening. I just completed my second-year check and Dr gave all clear. Phew. She informed that if there are no major issues for 3 years running I will be ready for discharge.

If I can do over I will definitely correct my lazy eye during childhood. So that i can spread the burden over 2 eyes and not overstrain one. I try not to strain my eyes these days cos i foresee issues into my senior years.

Do take care of the eyes.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by starlight1968sg » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Yes, especially we spend so much time using PC, laptop or hp.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Huiwen86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:13 am

Yeah,better take care of our eyes by resting them as much as we can.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Huiwen86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:17 am

Hubby and the girls went for their weekly sports activity while I am their part time security guard by guarding their bags.

Still cracking my brains on thinking Chinese names for my baby girls.

Which characters do you start with for female names?Any suggestions?

Yngmng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Yngmng » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:37 am

Huiwen86 wrote:Hubby and the girls went for their weekly sports activity while I am their part time security guard by guarding their bags.

Why not follow your elder children?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:51 am

Yngmng wrote:
Huiwen86 wrote:Hubby and the girls went for their weekly sports activity while I am their part time security guard by guarding their bags.

that's what i thought so too...continuity. then you just have to change the last character for the younger girls, much easier. for eg older twin is x x 美, and younger one is x x 丽.
Last edited by janet88 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yngmng
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Yngmng » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:54 am

DD2 classmates were twins. Their 小名 is 左左 and 右右. Their mother said it was because one was on the left and the other was on the right in her tummy. So cute!

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:10 am

Yngmng wrote:DD2 classmates were twins. Their 小名 is 左左 and 右右. Their mother said it was because one was on the left and the other was on the right in her tummy. So cute!
adorable names and mummy is so creative.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Huiwen86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:37 am

janet88 wrote:
Yngmng wrote:

that's what i thought so too...continuity. then you just have to change the last character for the younger girls, much easier. for eg older twin is x x 美, and younger one is x x 丽.
Kind of hard to put anything after 燕.Any suggestions on nice sounding characters?

Might as well have the same name as Stefanie Sun right haha...
Last edited by Huiwen86 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Post by ammonite » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:12 pm

Imho, if u r putting out genuine info, there r too many personal details of your children for their safety. I suggest u delete the post with their names. It will not be hard to narrow down on who they are in real life if someone decides to make the effort.