Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

ME TIME!

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Re: ME TIME!

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:41 am

Lee_yl
It may be a lost dog.
It looks like a GR with matted fur.
Am sure the vet will advise.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Estéema » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:54 am

Whoa! Such a lovely dog, must be distraught loosing his owner or worst ... being dumped. Left alone at yr balcony, he must hv been anxious looking at the mess he's left on yr balcony. Hope he's not ill or sth tho he looks OK. He looks like need a lot of TLC. Hope he finds its owner soon. He met angels that gave him a haven last night, tho left you sleepless. You've such sharp intuition, lee_yl. Well done! :hi5:

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:06 am

Takes a lot of compassion n courage to bring home a large lost/stray dog.

From the pic, it looks like a golden or golden mix. My guess is it is recently lost or abandoned as it looks rather well fed. Cannot guess the age from the photo but judging from the mess it made of your balcony, ermm maybe not exactly a mature dog.

If you are still housing it for the time being, to reduce the possibility of it pooping n peeing in your house, bring it out about an hour after you feed it, as well as before all of you retire for the night, bring it out again in the morning. Keep towels and newspapers out of reach or you will be greeted with confetti in the morning. Pop by a pet shop and buy the biggest size raw hide chew bone you can find.

Your kids must be excited. But I can imagine your stress as you are not prepared for this.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Estéema » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:26 am

My first guess is it's a very young GR & abandoned.

lee_yl must be so thotful as to leave newspapers in case it poop & easier to just wrap up, not knowing doggy has its own tantics with the papers. If u hv a poncho or sth might tie it at edge of rails to provide some shade. Not easy with a big dog. But hope yr girls not distracted. Esp yr DD2 prep for PSLE. :xedfingers:

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:56 am

ammonite wrote:MP - inspirational! My kids love 茶叶蛋 too. :)

Thks MrsKs, ammonite :)
Yes I bought the herbal bags fr medical hall . Comes in 2 sachets. One satchet can cook abt 8 to 10 eggs . I cook 8 eggs over low fire for 2.5 hr - not much effort - after eggs boiled for 20 min . Crack lightly egg shells then I put in herbal bag in vision ware pot- add dark soy sauce n salt then low fire . Till the herbal tea infused in the egg - really fragrant -actually dh n I dunno how to eat 茶叶蛋- its the kids favorite - now whole family like it :)

Leeyl - the dog is lucky to meet your kind family . Hopefully can find owner soon ? Should have micro chip in it?

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:03 pm

I love 茶叶蛋 too.
Easy to prep/make?

Will have plenty of ME time on Mon and Tues after a hectic week; thinking what to do...

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:15 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:leeyl, you and family done a kind deed :rahrah: ..which I personally wont able to do it :sad: but what a mess, at your home planter arh :yikes:

hi lee yl,
the doctor has messed up the newspapers. rescuing such a big dog, feeding and housing it is not easy. however, I see you have a big balcony :evil:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:20 pm

lee_yl wrote:@Ammonite,
I am not ready to take care of such a huge dog. May give this dog to our neighbor as she said she didn’t mind but she already has 2 cats. SIL said must feed the dog pear and apple, beef and brown rice daily. :nailbite:

yl,
I don't think you have the time to look after a dog and such a big one. your 2 girls keeping you busy especially the younger one taking PSLE soon. having this dog means you have buy beef and cook brown rice on top of your busy schedule.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:29 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:I love 茶叶蛋 too.
Easy to prep/make?

Will have plenty of ME time on Mon and Tues after a hectic week; thinking what to do...

StarL - easier than I expected
First
Boil n cook the 8 eggs ( hard boiled type ) next time I will do10 to 12. Eggs.
2)) remove hard boiled n lightly crack shells to allow herbal infusion
3) put in tea satchet , add dark sauce n salt - got easy instructions on packaging
4) cook/ stew low fire for 2.5 to 3 hrs
I think Can use thermal cooker or rice cooker to cook too

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:38 pm

janet88 wrote:
lee_yl wrote:@Ammonite,
I am not ready to take care of such a huge dog. May give this dog to our neighbor as she said she didn’t mind but she already has 2 cats. SIL said must feed the dog pear and apple, beef and brown rice daily. :nailbite:

yl,
I don't think you have the time to look after a dog and such a big one. your 2 girls keeping you busy especially the younger one taking PSLE soon. having this dog means you have buy beef and cook brown rice on top of your busy schedule.

There is such a thing called kibbles. No need to cook fresh food all the time. Just open the pack and scoop. :wink:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Relationships

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres