ME TIME!

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:29

Re: ME TIME!

Post by starlight1968sg » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:18 am

I keep a couple of cards with the passport. A plastic cover usually comes with some pockets for the cards.

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by MyPillow » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:53 am

starlight1968sg wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:48 am
ngl2010 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:22 am
starlight1968sg wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:55 am
OT: Do you know where can i buy the plastic cover for my passport? Thank you.
If you use plastic cover for passport, do you need to remove them when scanning the passport at immigration?
Yes, i have to remove it and it is quite a troublesome.
yes v troublesome to remove at custom - holding up time too
so i also past name stickers on passport
only my girl still have a nice cover - put back after pass all customs - i keep hers coz too sweet & nice cover :) -

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:227

Post by slmkhoo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:00 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:18 am
I keep a couple of cards with the passport. A plastic cover usually comes with some pockets for the cards.
If that's the main reason for having a cover, maybe get a small pouch that can hold passport plus the cards? Or just carry them separately? I usually separate out my cash/cards/valuables and carry them apart from my passport. In airports, you usually have to produce your passport many times nowadays, and when using cards, I don't want to bring my passport out every time.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by slmkhoo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:05 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:12 am
Nowadays I just use label sticker to label everybody’s name big big on the outside of the passport. One glance can see whose and pass to whoever to manage themselves.
Are you allowed to do this? I've always wondered if there is some rule about "defacing" the passport! How I distinguish our passports is to write an initial very small at a corner of the cover so it's not so noticeable.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:43 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:05 pm
zac's mum wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:12 am
Nowadays I just use label sticker to label everybody’s name big big on the outside of the passport. One glance can see whose and pass to whoever to manage themselves.
Are you allowed to do this? I've always wondered if there is some rule about "defacing" the passport! How I distinguish our passports is to write an initial very small at a corner of the cover so it's not so noticeable.
None of the immigration officers have ever told me there’s a problem with it.

I use my Brother label printer. Same labels that I use to label water bottles & other belongings etc. So those sticker labels are easily peeled off if anyone ever says it’s considered defacing. It won’t damage the passport at all.

In fact, I remember you mentioned u want to distinguish your family’s laptops. I’d happily print name labels for all of you & mail to u if u want. Or if u paiseh, just ask any friend who has one to print for u. Easily peeled off & wont damage your laptop.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by slmkhoo » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:07 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:43 pm
In fact, I remember you mentioned u want to distinguish your family’s laptops. I’d happily print name labels for all of you & mail to u if u want. Or if u paiseh, just ask any friend who has one to print for u. Easily peeled off & wont damage your laptop.
Thanks for the offer! But I've now decided I don't need a sticker. On closer inspection, my husband's computer has a coloured band around the edge of the cover, and mine has a coloured band just under the screen which is visible from the sides even when closed. So we're OK for now. My older girl's computer is a different colour, and the younger one (whose computer is the same colour as mine) is overseas, so I'm not going to worry about it until she next comes home. And there may be some other distinguishing feature anyway. Just as well we don't all replace our computers at the same time! It seems the manufacturers always put in some slight differences from time to time.

.zeit
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:8

Post by .zeit » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:49 pm

The paper quality of our SG passport is very durable. The cover is somewhat waxy, so it's water- and sticker-resistant. We don't use a plastic/leather sleeve to protect our passport. If you're a frequent business traveller, you may get some frays on the edges but it's still readable. Putting it inside a small travel pouch is good enough. My pouch also holds a pen, nail clipper, receipts, VAT documents, powerbank, cables, spare camera battery pack & mini notepad.

I must carry my passport everywhere I go, as I need to file for VAT as and when I make a purchase.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:77

Post by ngl2010 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:40 pm

I have a passport wallet where I put everybody's passports, air tickets, hotel confirmation printouts and spare money. There was one time I was lazy to put my passport back into the wallet and I put my wet umbrella inside my bag. To my horror the passport pages became wet too :gloomy: . Luckily only one part is wet and nothing is smudged. I never ever lazy again to put our passports into the wallet. :clubmyself:

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:29

Post by starlight1968sg » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Super warm and am sweating even under the ceiling fan. Am I sick?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:06 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:16 pm
Super warm and am sweating even under the ceiling fan. Am I sick?
Today is a super hot day. I heard on the radio that the max temp today will be 34 deg C. Which is around this time I suppose.

Hide in aircon room if u can...