ME TIME!

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
Post Reply
zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Jan 03,
Total Likes:186

Re: ME TIME!

Post by zac's mum » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:08 pm

sky minecrafter wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:01 pm
zac's mum wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm
What is everyone doing during this long weekend?

I managed to have a nice sleep in. Now supervising DS revision for upcoming CA2, for the Chinese exam Chapters 7-11 is very content-heavy :sad:
Yup, the new syllabus (I've only seen the HCL version though) is thematic, making it more structured, which I really prefer, especially the grammar section. We're preping weighted assessments too. ;-)
Btw sky, you may want to buy the new syllabus 6B textbook which has just been released.

Heard from a savvy friend that this new 6B textbook contains very good summary notes, which the old syllabus textbook did not have. Useful for PSLE revision cos it contains all P1-6 must-know words, plus 量词, (basic) 好词佳句, common 错别字, etc etc etc. I bought already, very handy.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1732
Joined: Sat Jun 27,
Total Likes:31

Re: ME TIME!

Post by sky minecrafter » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:57 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:08 pm
...Heard from a savvy friend that this new 6B textbook contains very good summary notes, which the old syllabus textbook did not have. Useful for PSLE revision cos it contains all P1-6 must-know words, plus 量词, (basic) 好词佳句, common 错别字, etc etc etc. I bought already, very handy.
Thanks for the heads-up! ;-)

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 5189
Joined: Wed Jul 04,
Total Likes:110

Re: ME TIME!

Post by Estéema » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:25 pm

Jogging at East Coast, baked egg tarts & croissants for my nursing friends to show some support.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 40746
Joined: Tue Oct 20,
Total Likes:140

Re: ME TIME!

Post by janet88 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:35 am

looking forward to ME time when daughter is done with her N levels...which will be mid Oct.

she is seeing a guy friend...indeed a wrong timing but nothing I can do :roll: the guy is 1 year older and in first year of poly. since I do not allow her to go to other guy's homes, she has invited him over with my permission.
he has also been coaching her in her studies like chemistry and physics. nice chap, well mannered and patient with this girl.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Jan 03,
Total Likes:186

Re: ME TIME!

Post by zac's mum » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Good to hear from you Janet! Just the final lap now, hang in there.

It’s such a cold day today. We are holed up at home. DH watching property analysts on YouTube. DS revising Maths & Chinese under my supervision aka nagging. I’m looking forward to my ME time tmr morning during school hours!


MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 12943
Joined: Mon Jul 18,
Total Likes:58

Re: ME TIME!

Post by MrsKiasu » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:47 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm
What is everyone doing during this long weekend?

I managed to have a nice sleep in. Now supervising DS revision for upcoming CA2, for the Chinese exam Chapters 7-11 is very content-heavy :sad:
How do you teach Chinese, zac's mum? Say Chapter 7-11, you ensure your ds knows all the words in the textbook? How about Chi Compo? I do Math with dd on random topics and Sci b4 test.


Omg I thought this is current post!
Last edited by MrsKiasu on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 12943
Joined: Mon Jul 18,
Total Likes:58

Re: ME TIME!

Post by MrsKiasu » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:53 pm

janet88 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:35 am
looking forward to ME time when daughter is done with her N levels...which will be mid Oct.

she is seeing a guy friend...indeed a wrong timing but nothing I can do :roll: the guy is 1 year older and in first year of poly. since I do not allow her to go to other guy's homes, she has invited him over with my permission.
he has also been coaching her in her studies like chemistry and physics. nice chap, well mannered and patient with this girl.
Janet, how time flies, like witnessing your gal growing up! Ah better invite the boy over. I think I would do that too.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Jan 03,
Total Likes:186

Re: ME TIME!

Post by zac's mum » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:16 am

MrsKiasu wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:47 pm
zac's mum wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm
What is everyone doing during this long weekend?

I managed to have a nice sleep in. Now supervising DS revision for upcoming CA2, for the Chinese exam Chapters 7-11 is very content-heavy :sad:
How do you teach Chinese, zac's mum? Say Chapter 7-11, you ensure your ds knows all the words in the textbook? How about Chi Compo? I do Math with dd on random topics and Sci b4 test.


Omg I thought this is current post!
Lol no worries. Anyway the next round of exam is coming up v v soon.

For Chinese, chenlaoshi will regularly rotate between Compo Compre Vocab & Oral. But DS is weak in the Vocab section, so I still need to go thru all the Textbook chapters with him. Read, write, test understanding, test recall, test use of the words in different context...the chapter-based assessment books (especially those with chapter summary) are useful for this.

If your child is a self-directed learner, can just ask her to revise all this herself. I know that’s what I used to do cos my mum is Nonya & couldn’t help.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 16371
Joined: Mon Nov 16,
Total Likes:38

Re: ME TIME!

Post by starlight1968sg » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:37 am

janet88 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:35 am
looking forward to ME time when daughter is done with her N levels...which will be mid Oct.

she is seeing a guy friend...indeed a wrong timing but nothing I can do :roll: the guy is 1 year older and in first year of poly. since I do not allow her to go to other guy's homes, she has invited him over with my permission.
he has also been coaching her in her studies like chemistry and physics. nice chap, well mannered and patient with this girl.
This is indeed good and you can watch both ...

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 12943
Joined: Mon Jul 18,
Total Likes:58

Re: ME TIME!

Post by MrsKiasu » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:15 am

zac's mum wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:16 am
MrsKiasu wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:47 pm
zac's mum wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm
What is everyone doing during this long weekend?

I managed to have a nice sleep in. Now supervising DS revision for upcoming CA2, for the Chinese exam Chapters 7-11 is very content-heavy :sad:
How do you teach Chinese, zac's mum? Say Chapter 7-11, you ensure your ds knows all the words in the textbook? How about Chi Compo? I do Math with dd on random topics and Sci b4 test.


Omg I thought this is current post!
Lol no worries. Anyway the next round of exam is coming up v v soon.

For Chinese, chenlaoshi will regularly rotate between Compo Compre Vocab & Oral. But DS is weak in the Vocab section, so I still need to go thru all the Textbook chapters with him. Read, write, test understanding, test recall, test use of the words in different context...the chapter-based assessment books (especially those with chapter summary) are useful for this.

If your child is a self-directed learner, can just ask her to revise all this herself. I know that’s what I used to do cos my mum is Nonya & couldn’t help.
Thanks zac's mum, I shall try that.

Post Reply