Single father..

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Single father..

Postby FatherMother » Thu May 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi all, new to this forum..

How many single fathers out there? how do you balance your time - kids vs work vs girlfriend

its really tired being a SF..sometimes i just feel like giving up everything n run away from all this..

:gloomy:

FatherMother
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Single father..

Postby Canvas » Thu May 09, 2013 2:58 pm

It's tough being a single parent whether you are a dad or mum. I have 2 good friends who are SF like you. One with 3 daughters, the other with 2 daughters. I think where it is possible, get some help so you have some breathing space to do things that you like too. As friends, we can only encourage and reassure them that they are doing well. I hope you "jia you" too. Your kids will appreciate your sacrifices and courage for not giving up on them.

Canvas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby dolphinsiah » Thu May 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Single Father....welcome to Kiasuparents forum.

Yes, is tough to be a single parent....you are the father and also the mother...

Most important thing in life is to focus what is most important thing in life....

Your children or your girlfriend ?

One day only 24 hours so must plan well...

I am also a Single Mother (Widow)....I know I cannot collapse because my kids need me....

So my main aim is to raise my kids now....

I am looking forward to my kids growing up-another 5-6 years I guess....

Then I am going to concentrate on Buddhism path....

So you must Jia You...Ganbette.....Hang On.... :xedfingers:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Isebella » Thu May 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi all, new to this forum..

How many single fathers out there? how do you balance your time - kids vs work vs girlfriend

its really tired being a SF..sometimes i just feel like giving up everything n run away from all this..

Do not give up as a parent for your children, be it a single parent or not.
Otherwise your children will not have any future. Hang on there and tough times will be over soon.

Isebella
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Lucianna » Sun May 26, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi SF,

You can employ a maid to help you on ur house chores (to lighten ur burden). Look for a gf who is willing to share ur load. It is not easy to find someone who is willing to accept ur kids, that is why i put all my time on work n kid.

You should concentrate on ur kids... once u passed their childhood you gonna missed it.

Your own flesh and blood once in a life time... women u can find anytime... got the hint?

Lucianna
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby FatherMother » Tue May 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi All, thanks for those advice.. noted with thanks..
My income is not high, so i cant afford a maid..
anyway, time spent with the kids are really awesome..!

Never regretted having them in my life...
had somehow work out on how to balance time between the 3 issue..

FatherMother
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby straffan23 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:55 am

Perhaps you can consider doing what single moms and young couples do - besides spending time to build up the relationship with your children, you could make it a point to hangout with friends that have children in the similar age-group as yourself. It gives your children friends to play with, it gives you like-minded adults to interact with... and if you want a night out with your GF perhaps your friends can be persuaded to take the children out, or host them for a sleepover.

This kind of arrangement is usually much easier if the children are close with one another, and the adults are your friends - people you trust to take care of your children and share similar values when it comes to parenting. It is also beneficial for you to have a healthy social circle.

straffan23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vokablue » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:19 pm

I'm just like you ... single father with two lovely dd. Running away is an selfish act and wasted the love you have to your children. I understand this journey is tough and lonely but I believe one day you will be able to overcome and swim to a beautiful shore. Treasure the moment you have with your children as much as you can. time flies. :) may be bless you in here

vokablue
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby lindytan » Fri May 20, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi All SF

You all can do it! Keep it up!

lindytan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kitty2 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:07 pm

FatherMother wrote:Hi all, new to this forum..

:gloomy:

Perhaps, you may want to join a support group? It may help you emotionally or get help from them.

Best wishes and be blessed

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Relationships