How to keep a marriage strong?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:161

Re: How to keep a marriage strong?

Post by Nebbermind » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Jennifer wrote:Bose has launched a sleepbud in USA, coming to Sg in mid-Sept.

can google Bose sleepbuds to see its features.

I am considering to get a pair for myself :wink:
That would be a very expensive toy!! :wink:

Why donchew try the normal foam earplugs (industrial grade) or the NS silicone type (from your ds)? These are vvery compact and less intrusive. Or cut offf the cord from an unused pair of earphone and try.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:121

Post by Jennifer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:57 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Bose has launched a sleepbud in USA, coming to Sg in mid-Sept.

can google Bose sleepbuds to see its features.

I am considering to get a pair for myself :wink:
That would be a very expensive toy!! :wink:

I am already using 3M foam ear plugs. When new, they work very well. I cant even hear my alarm clock.

I want to try something new. Still affordable price.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:161

Post by Nebbermind » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Your pocket is much deeper

Sleepbuds@Amazon

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:121

Post by Jennifer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Nebbermind wrote:Your pocket is much deeper

Sleepbuds@Amazon
cheaper than a branded bag leh

Nim.0000
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Nim.0000 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:40 pm

I think this is a pretty interesting question and definitely endless answers. For me, my marriage always holds on the promise to never go to bed angry because we both agreed to settle it and let bygones be bygones. This ensures that I do not bring up past arguments and do not anger him further if not our argument may take hours...

garystevens
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by garystevens » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:48 am

Always keep in mind: If you have the same feeling since the first time you were inlove with your partner until now, then you're marriage will last long. Don't lose it. :)

CalvinS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by CalvinS » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:44 am

First comes communication. Without communication you don't get to know someone and if you don't know them how can you trust them? Then of course is honesty, in order to be able to trust someone you need to be trustworthy yourself. A successful marriage/relationship is a partnership, both partners working (constantly) for the good of the relationship. A good relationship/marriage is like a flourishing business. In order for a business to be a success everyone involved must work hard to keep it successful and the same goes with any marriage/relationships. So the keys are communication, honesty and hard work.

CerlynR
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CerlynR » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:14 am

There are a number of things that are important.
1). Being committed, right from the start, to the idea that marriage is for life.
2). Growing love for each other out of a deep friendship, and not just getting together on the basis of romantic feelings (which won't last).
3). Getting to know each other well beforehand, and making sure that you basically agree on the things that are most important to each of you.
4). Keeping the channels of communication open and not just retreating into doing your own thing.
5). Being willing to compromise and not being resentful when you don't get your way.
6). Not trying to "keep score" to see who's contributing more or sacrificing more.
7). Not taking it out on your partner when things go badly.
8). Always approaching life with the attitude that the two of you are a team, and actively looking to support your partner.
9). When you are disappointed or angry with your partner, take a moment to recall and be grateful for some of the things they do for you.

Katherin22
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by Katherin22 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:39 pm

besides the love for one another, i believe respect, honesty, trust, and most importantly communication is the main key to a happy relationship. leaing on each other, and support each other in everyaspect of the relationship.

Czeec80
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Czeec80 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 am

garystevens wrote:Always keep in mind: If you have the same feeling since the first time you were inlove with your partner until now, then you're marriage will last long. Don't lose it. :)

This is way too difficult for many reasons. Life changes and priorities change too! The feeling the first time you were in love w/ your partner may not be the same anymore but I believe that's not how we measure marriage. For me if you're w/ each other through thick and thin, your marriage will last. :love: