How to keep a marriage strong?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
Susan Koh
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: How to keep a marriage strong?

Post by Susan Koh » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:08 am

First thing that comes to mind on keeping a marriage strong is to have open and honest communication. When the communication between spouse is broken down and they don't bother to speak to each other, it's even worse than quarreling, because both parties have "given up".

Other action points like
- Making time for each other
- Putting the other party's needs before yours
- Be quick to forgive and forget
- Don't take each other for granted
- Go on dates to keep the romance alive

This year, I finally went on a couple trip with hubby to Bangkok. it was so nice not needing to hold my girl's hands or to fuss about her and my hubby really appreciated the one to one time as well. :snuggles:

If you need some ideas for a quick couple getaway to Bangkok, I shared some romantic places which we visited. https://ajugglingmom.com/date-nights-an ... ps-matter/

Kyotosen
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Kyotosen » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:10 am

Would like to hear from men opinions?
A friend of mine feels that even after a overseas trip with hubby, she lives no TLC from hubby at all. TLC tender loving care is missing.
Her hubby never hold her hands, not even a pat on shoulder, never touch her on bed, no sex for years. No calls/ message to her unless her Wife message him. Oh yes, she mentioned once, when hubby need her to go in-law house. Hubby will call and message urgently.
Should she divorce or just stay with this cold “stranger” ?
Would like to hear from men point of view? Why like that?
How to console Wife?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:50

Post by MrsKiasu » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:16 am

.. communication..

Kyotosen
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Kyotosen » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:32 am

Response from hubby is kept mum.

Steph90
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Steph90 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Always grow together, not apart. Be considerate, respectful and thoughtful of one another. And above all never go to bed mad at one another. Be forgiving and time will change you but try to change together. It is the togetherness that will bring you closer. Be honest to yourself and to your partner. Love will only blossom more.

bianca99
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by bianca99 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:19 am

There is only one key to successful marriage/relationship, and that is LOVE, We should marry with whom, who love us or who like us. Because it is not necessary that someone we love also love us, but if we know that someone love us we also feel something lovely about her. So marry with whom, who love you, not to whom, you love.

marshallbrown
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by marshallbrown » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:38 pm

The main thing to have a strong marriage is trust, always trust your partner and if anything goes wrong try to find a solution not try to fight.

funnyjokes
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by funnyjokes » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:51 am

Your writing very well and provide a lot of useful information. But if you tap water more than half as compared to another article, I would definitely be great
subway surfers

CarenL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by CarenL » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:53 am

Healthy Lifestyle.. Put away your bad habits. Confront your anger and manage your stress level. Eat well and exercise. Peer deep into the future and think about what you want to see in it. Anything you come up with will need you to be healthy.

Cookie123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Cookie123 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:21 am

I appreciate my hubby a lot. Go out for date once in a while is good, or even holiday.