Parent and examination

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Parent and examination

Postby ali123 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:51 pm

I met my neighbour, very old couple yesterday. According to them, they were chased away by their daughter who stay in a big house in Bukit Timah. The reason is that both of her kids are having examination this month. Currently the old couple is staying in an HDB which the condition is worst than the foreign work dormitory. There's load of junk inside the HDB. I believe that they are going to stay there forever with the above valid reason which I cannot believe this happen in Singapore. The old couple is trying to get grant from government but is not successful because their daughter is a highly paid law lecturer in NUS. Poor old couple. Sometime I saw them as a karung guni. :? what is wrong here. I know how they feel but no choice, this is the life. Parent has to suffer for their children.

ali123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Parent and examination

Postby tankee » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:40 pm

IMHO, may not be fair to conclude base on one-sided story.

And that junks do not just suddenly appeared in anyone's home, probably the owner is a hoarder.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:21 pm

ali123 wrote:I met my neighbour, very old couple yesterday. According to them, they were chased away by their daughter who stay in a big house in Bukit Timah. The reason is that both of her kids are having examination this month. Currently the old couple is staying in an HDB which the condition is worst than the foreign work dormitory. There's load of junk inside the HDB. I believe that they are going to stay there forever with the above valid reason which I cannot believe this happen in Singapore. The old couple is trying to get grant from government but is not successful because their daughter is a highly paid law lecturer in NUS. Poor old couple. Sometime I saw them as a karung guni. :? what is wrong here. I know how they feel but no choice, this is the life. Parent has to suffer for their children.

So they ran out of space in their HDB and wanted to store their stuff in the daughter's big house?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:29 am

tankee wrote:IMHO, may not be fair to conclude base on one-sided story.

And that junks do not just suddenly appeared in anyone's home, probably the owner is a hoarder.

mil here is also a hoarder...wants everything, even those stuff which are due for the incinerator long long time ago....so back to the topic before I go further offline.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby casio123 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:34 am

ali123 wrote:I met my neighbour, very old couple yesterday. According to them, they were chased away by their daughter who stay in a big house in Bukit Timah. The reason is that both of her kids are having examination this month. Currently the old couple is staying in an HDB which the condition is worst than the foreign work dormitory. There's load of junk inside the HDB. I believe that they are going to stay there forever with the above valid reason which I cannot believe this happen in Singapore. The old couple is trying to get grant from government but is not successful because their daughter is a highly paid law lecturer in NUS. Poor old couple. Sometime I saw them as a karung guni. :? what is wrong here. I know how they feel but no choice, this is the life. Parent has to suffer for their children.

Maybe some truth. Parents normally don't slime their own children.

casio123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ali123 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:54 am

The HDB is a dumping ground for unwanted things from the big house. Parent keeps everything belong to their children or they are scare to be scolded for throwing away those things. For your information, throwing things from landed property is not easy and costly. For HDB, we can request Town council to help to dispose junks - FOC. My point is that should a civil servant show a good example to us. I understand that old folks are taking good care by government but should we take advantage over it.

ali123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sembgal » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:29 pm

Law lecturer in NUS to treat parents like that. Karma will strike her. I heard of another story where the son and his wife and child live in a Holland Village bungalow but son's parents live in HDB. Why? The son abuses the mother physically and she has no choice but to live in a tiny hdb flat. God know how they feel. Rich people also have their own problems.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ali123 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:50 am

The old uncle is very ill but they refused to call their daughter because they did not want disturb their grandchildren who are having their examination now. I think he does not want to die in the big house which may bring bad luck to their daughter. The old aunty has to clean and feed him. Their daughter has a maid and I do not understand why their daughter is so pamper her maid and refuse to let her to take care her old parent. Life change. Maid is more important than parent. This is not easy to get a good maid. So need pamper. If not, who clean the big house.!!!.

ali123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Relationships