Drunkard usually do what?

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.

Drunkard usually do what?

Postby smurf » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:19 am

any idea?

would a person who is drunk or near dead drunk knows what he is doing? would he/she be aroused when drunk? or simply concuss and doze off?

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby watmekiasu » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:43 am

Different people react differently to excessive alcohol. Some will doze off, some wll become hyper and act really silly, some turns into SOBs and some just vomit it out and feel dreadful.

watmekiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby watmekiasu » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:49 am

Eh, just noticed your "aroused" part. :wink: Some drunks do get aroused but usually it depends on how much they've had. Too much and most can't get it up or maintain. Are they responsible for their actions - hell yes! Are they aware of their actions? They may not recall what they did later but at the point of time of "it" happening, yes, they are aware.

watmekiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kiasimom » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:08 am

No matter how drunk a person is, I believe he is still 30% awake.

kiasimom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby skunk » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:37 am

kiasimom wrote:No matter how drunk a person is, I believe he is still 30% awake.

this is not true. During my "lost" teenage years, i was ever so drunk a few times, that i was actually "comatose", totally unaware of things that were happening around me.

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby skunk » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:43 am

insider wrote:I am a drinker, probably a 'natural' one to begin with when the first time at about age 18 I had my alcohol (beer), I could down 2 mugs without face changing colour. My dad was a good drinker too and probably I 'inherited' good kidneys from him...

I can't remember when was the last time I ever got myself drunk. Maybe more than 10 years ago. I drink almost nightly, either a beer or one or two glasses of wine. My whole group of close girlfriends are wine lovers and we drink quite heavily during festive seasons (attended the Dennis wine fiesta this afternoon and bought 1 carton of wine and some fun raspberry tasting beer, getting ready for xmas!).

As we age, I realise a common trait among some of my good friends, that they will suffer loss of short term memory the next morning. They can't remember what actually happened or said the night before even though when they were saying and doing something the night before, they still looked sensible and could articulate well. We termed this the 'cut off point' of their memory during a heavy drinking session, that they will be able to remember happenings before a certain point and after that point, they couldn't remember a thing. We recognise this is a dangerous symptoms and so we only drink among ourselves in each other's house.

I just returned from a Halloween party from a friend's house and much liquor was served during the party. Tmr they will call me to tell them what happened tonight again. Sometimes, we have very emotional argument taking place during the drinking session but the day after, they couldn't remember who said what but that one who could recall would feel offended. I don't get myself drunk anymore (I don't chase after alcohol at all though I enjoy drinking). My limit is 1 bottle of wine or 5 glasses and I will stop and will never take more than that coz over that limit, drinking becomes a pain and therefore meaningless...

PS:

Drunkards sometimes don't know what they are doing. I have a friend who slept over at my friend's house after a drinking session. She actually squad beside the bed and pee there, despite my friend yelling at her to stop and to do it at the right place. After emptying herself, she just dropped dead on the bed to sleep while leaving my the other friend having to clean up the mess. The next morning the other friend complained to that drunkard about the incidence and the latter couldn't recall a thing. The incident happened years back and we still having good laughs whenever we recalling it...

I agree so much with u.

1) it's true that drinking in excess will lead to short-term memory-loss

2) it's true that excessive drinking will lead to delirium. I had ever said and done totally weird and random things when i was drunk, and when i was sober, i had TOTALLY no recollection of it at all!!!

3) Yes, it's better to drink in moderation and don't get drunk at all. Getting drunk should be reserved for teenagers and losers.

4) The key to not getting drunk at all, is either not to drink at all, or to drink daily in moderate amounts, to build up tolerance. So far, I've been having the equivalent of 3 beers daily, for the last 5 years or so, and I've not been drunk ever since :) "Social" or "weekend" binge drinkers are the ones most likely to get drunk.

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby watmekiasu » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:08 am

I don't agree about not being aware of their actions when drunk. Imo, they are aware but have very little/no self-control, no idea on why they are doing what they are doing but still aware - hence it does not diminish their responsibility.

Agree,loss of short term memory is a common trait.

watmekiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby skunk » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:12 am

watmekiasu wrote:I don't agree about not being aware of their actions when drunk. Imo, they are aware but have very little/no self-control, no idea on why they are doing what they are doing but still aware - hence it does not diminish their responsibility.

Agree,loss of short term memory is a common trait.

Maybe you should try drinking non-stop for 6 hours, then u can decide whether someone thus intoxicated is aware of their actions or not :lol:

If your main concern is over responsibility, they're still responsible even if they're unaware....because they chose to drink in the first place.

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby smurf » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:32 pm

not many drinkers who will be drunk here. :D
thing is do you get easily 'aroused' or do u get 'it' up (for man) when drunk?? :?

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby skunk » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:02 am

smurf wrote:thing is do you get easily 'aroused' or do u get 'it' up (for man) when drunk?? :?

for me, no prob getting it up, but got a hell lot of prob to get it to shoot LOL

pardon me for the very vivid language hehe

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Relationships