Husband is always siding the maid

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
Post Reply
3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 5034
Joined: Tue Sep 02,
Total Likes:220

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by 3Boys » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:18 pm

buds wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:I am shocked at how the husband responded.. Really absurd.. Seems like the wife is equivalent to the maid..

Not sure why some husbands trampled all over their wives.. Dun they love their wives?


Probably the other side of the coin is, the wife wasn't able to take better care of them (husbands)? :shrug: For example their husbands' idea of good helper could be someone who can simply just cook and serve home cooked food daily, come home to rest to a clean home, work clothes nicely pressed for everyday use and doesn't nag... which the wives perhaps can't... or won't? :duck: I know of acquaintances who won't do certain things and insist their husbands do it.

Not to make reference to the equivalence of helper with a wife at all tho. Just the thoughts along the lines of the regular domestic stuff.

Or probably, it could be the wives who don't love their husbands (enough)? :shrug:

Am just thinking........ there are always two sides to a coin.
There are information that we are not privy of.

While we may know of self-centred husbands,
there are also equally dominating wives.

Peace. :xedfingers:


Yes, context is important.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 12564
Joined: Wed May 27,
Total Likes:334

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by Funz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:23 pm

buds wrote:
Funz wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:I am shocked at how the husband responded.. Really absurd.. Seems like the wife is equivalent to the maid..

Not sure why some husbands trampled all over their wives.. Dun they love their wives?


I am more disappointed at how some people let their spouses/partners treat them like that. Don't they love themselves?


They may and the do! :love:

But.. :(

But hard to break contract! :cry:


Ahhh.. Buds :snuggles:

If they do love themselves enough from the beginning, and realise their worth, their spouses/partners won't even have a chance to treat them as such.

Someone whom I dated told me this (he was much older than I am and also my mentor, when I was manoeuvring the office politics in my 20s.)

You must know your worth, and you are worth a lot. Do not sell yourself short. If you see yourself as unworthy, others will view you as such. Along the way, there will be those who will try to short sell you because you are a woman and you are young. Don't ever fall for that. If you accept that, don't complain that you are not getting what you truly deserve for you 'devalue' yourself.

Of course those were advise given before a big interview with a big MNC. :lol: But I was such a good listener that I applied that to our relationship and ended things with him as he did not bring to the table what I wanted and needed from him. :razz: And that opened the door for DH.

Darn, what did I get myself into. :?

:lol:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 21944
Joined: Wed Dec 31,
Total Likes:86

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by buds » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Funz wrote:Darn, what did I get myself into. :?

:lol:


You got DH the totally most worthy wifey EVER.
He's the luckiest boss. But then, so is mine huh? :rotflmao:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 12564
Joined: Wed May 27,
Total Likes:334

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by Funz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:06 pm

buds wrote:
Funz wrote:Darn, what did I get myself into. :?

:lol:


You got DH the totally most worthy wifey EVER.
He's the luckiest boss. But then, so is mine huh? :rotflmao:


He THINKS he is the luckiest boss. And so should yours.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 9696
Joined: Thu Aug 14,
Total Likes:39

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by sleepy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:29 pm

buds wrote:For example their husbands' idea of good helper could be someone who can simply just cook and serve home cooked food daily, come home to rest to a clean home, work clothes nicely pressed for everyday use and doesn't nag... which the wives perhaps can't... or won't? :duck: I know of acquaintances who won't do certain things and insist their husbands do it.


Or probably, it could be the wives who don't love their husbands (enough)? :shrug:



Personal observation. I feel that men with confidence are less dominating husbands. Surprisingly loh.
My ex-bosses- 1 Finance director, 1 Finance controller. In office 呼风唤雨 but everyone in office knew they were henpecked. Not that we intentionally dug into their personal lives. They liked to go around telling everyone about their adorable wives, as well as the chores they did at home to keep wives happy :laugh: They don't have to dominate their wives to prove their superiority. 疼老婆的才是大丈夫 :evil:


Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 12564
Joined: Wed May 27,
Total Likes:334

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by Funz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:37 pm

sleepy wrote:
buds wrote:For example their husbands' idea of good helper could be someone who can simply just cook and serve home cooked food daily, come home to rest to a clean home, work clothes nicely pressed for everyday use and doesn't nag... which the wives perhaps can't... or won't? :duck: I know of acquaintances who won't do certain things and insist their husbands do it.


Or probably, it could be the wives who don't love their husbands (enough)? :shrug:



Personal observation. I feel that men with confidence are less dominating husbands. Surprisingly loh.
My ex-bosses- 1 Finance director, 1 Finance controller. In office 呼风唤雨 but everyone in office knew they were henpecked. Not that we intentionally dug into their personal lives. They liked to go around telling everyone about their adorable wives, as well as the chores they did at home to keep wives happy :laugh: They don't have to dominate their wives to prove their superiority. 疼老婆的才是大丈夫 :evil:


Just like our 3boys here rite?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 9696
Joined: Thu Aug 14,
Total Likes:39

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by sleepy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:37 pm

I would be super pissed if my hubby's assessment of my worth is how clean is the house, how nicely pressed are his shirts :nunchuk:

Anyway he does the ironing at home and a couple more chores :siam:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4750
Joined: Mon Feb 22,
Total Likes:151

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by Sun_2010 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:48 pm

sleepy wrote:I would be super pissed if my hubby's assessment of my worth is how clean is the house, how nicely pressed are his shirts :nunchuk:

Anyway he does the ironing at home and a couple more chores :siam:



Why u running ??
Like my friend says , the reason most men dont do work is because of one of the below - women
1. dont let them as they feel embarrassed that they let the men work or
2. criticize them way too much

so be proud that your man does some chores. :celebrate:

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Aug 07,
Total Likes:7

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by jjxy mum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:02 pm

Sun_2010 wrote:
sleepy wrote:I would be super pissed if my hubby's assessment of my worth is how clean is the house, how nicely pressed are his shirts :nunchuk:

Anyway he does the ironing at home and a couple more chores :siam:



Why u running ??
Like my friend says , the reason most men dont do work is because of one of the below - women
1. dont let them as they feel embarrassed that they let the men work or
2. criticize them way too much

so be proud that your man does some chores. :celebrate:


ya, should be proud of it..
mine knew that I will do the house chore, he only does his own ironing ...but he will expect me to does All chores if I become a SAHM..

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 9696
Joined: Thu Aug 14,
Total Likes:39

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by sleepy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Sun_2010 wrote:so be proud that your man does some chores. :celebrate:


Thanks :wink:
He has very low expectation of me in the house chores department since day 1.


jjxy mum wrote:he will expect me to does All chores if I become a SAHM..


I'm a SAHM :sweat:

Post Reply