Husband is always siding the maid

Successful parenting is founded on successful relationships between spouses and relatives. We must not neglect our spouse while we focus our attention on grooming our children to become the best they can be. Discuss relationship issues here.
Post Reply
SOS mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Aug 01,

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by SOS mum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Testibg

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 17891
Joined: Thu Dec 06,
Total Likes:30

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by TheAnswer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:35 pm

After CNY, moi also SAHM but it is not stated in my contract that I need to do more chores..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 17891
Joined: Thu Dec 06,
Total Likes:30

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by TheAnswer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 pm

I think most men who has a position of influence in the office will not order their wives around..
They have enough power in their hands..

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 13894
Joined: Tue Oct 04,
Total Likes:223

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by jetsetter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:45 pm

buds wrote:Probably the other side of the coin is, the wife wasn't able to take better care of them (husbands)? :shrug: For example their husbands' idea of good helper could be someone who can simply just cook and serve home cooked food daily, come home to rest to a clean home, work clothes nicely pressed for everyday use and doesn't nag... which the wives perhaps can't... or won't? :duck: I know of acquaintances who won't do certain things and insist their husbands do it


*Touche*
:hi5:

Maybe that wife was none of the above and had been throwing tantrums and getting very demanding. So when she called it quits, her hubby just 爽快accepted.

clay569
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun Oct 07,

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by clay569 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:56 pm

--
Last edited by clay569 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.


jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 13894
Joined: Tue Oct 04,
Total Likes:223

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by jetsetter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:59 pm

sleepy wrote:Personal observation. I feel that men with confidence are less dominating husbands. Surprisingly loh. They liked to go around telling everyone about their adorable wives, as well as the chores they did at home to keep wives happy :laugh: They don't have to dominate their wives to prove their superiority. 疼老婆的才是大丈夫 :evil:


Most top execs with many staff under their charge are usually outwardly doting hubbies. So far, those C*Os I've spoken to 总是把老婆挂在嘴上。I notice they like to make ad hoc mentions abt their wives' fav this & that, that they need to rush off from happy hour or their wives will get mad, or "My wife would skin me alive if I...." etc.

I dunno if that's intentional or what; you know, some successful men just want to bring in their wives to the conversation to "ward off" any potential temptress or they wanna send the message to all female subordinates that they are blissfully married, so that this very message can spread to the rest of the building. This is a very clever way to shield oneself from undesirable office rumours, as well as portray oneself as a responsible righteous leader of the organisation.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:120

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by Jennifer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:07 am

jetsetter wrote:that they need to rush off from happy hour or their wives will get mad, or "My wife would skin me alive if I...." etc.


:rotflmao:

hubby likes to say this (to me).

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4322
Joined: Tue Nov 15,
Total Likes:74

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by ammonite » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:56 am

jetsetter wrote:
sleepy wrote:Personal observation. I feel that men with confidence are less dominating husbands. Surprisingly loh. They liked to go around telling everyone about their adorable wives, as well as the chores they did at home to keep wives happy :laugh: They don't have to dominate their wives to prove their superiority. 疼老婆的才是大丈夫 :evil:


Most top execs with many staff under their charge are usually outwardly doting hubbies. So far, those C*Os I've spoken to 总是把老婆挂在嘴上。I notice they like to make ad hoc mentions abt their wives' fav this & that, that they need to rush off from happy hour or their wives will get mad, or "My wife would skin me alive if I...." etc.

I dunno if that's intentional or what; you know, some successful men just want to bring in their wives to the conversation to "ward off" any potential temptress or they wanna send the message to all female subordinates that they are blissfully married, so that this very message can spread to the rest of the building. This is a very clever way to shield oneself from undesirable office rumours, as well as portray oneself as a responsible righteous leader of the organisation.


I had an exboss who would go "my wife this...", "my wife that.." and "my wife is very beautiful" etc etc but he would flirt with all the girls regularly and invite them to go drinking with him. While his beautiful wife is at home alone with their kid.

To have an estimation of the person, look at the actions. Words are smokescreens.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4322
Joined: Tue Nov 15,
Total Likes:74

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by ammonite » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:06 am

jetsetter wrote:
buds wrote:Probably the other side of the coin is, the wife wasn't able to take better care of them (husbands)? :shrug: For example their husbands' idea of good helper could be someone who can simply just cook and serve home cooked food daily, come home to rest to a clean home, work clothes nicely pressed for everyday use and doesn't nag... which the wives perhaps can't... or won't? :duck: I know of acquaintances who won't do certain things and insist their husbands do it


*Touche*
:hi5:

Maybe that wife was none of the above and had been throwing tantrums and getting very demanding. So when she called it quits, her hubby just 爽快accepted.


But...but... But ... I am also none of the above leh! :cry: And i am not above throwing tantrums either. Maybe twice a year when he starts to think there is an invisible house-elf in the house?

*screech: Dobette WON'T!! Dobette wants liberation!! Dobette will burn all master's clothes and throw master's socks away!! Dobette will steal a nightgown and run away and find a better master!!*

Something like that lah. Then I will dress up and go out.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 16214
Joined: Tue Dec 22,
Total Likes:160

Re: Husband is always siding the maid

Post by Nebbermind » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:20 am

'Henpecked husband' is the result of this thread?

Post Reply